Home

NHL 11 Video: Game Modes - Be a GM, Be a Pro and RFA UFA Features

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Video: Game Modes - Be a GM, Be a Pro and RFA UFA Features within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #17
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NHL 11 Video: Game Modes - Be a GM, Be a Pro and RFA UFA Features

The best EA series just keeps on getting better
Old 08-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 12

Interesting.. Evgeny Artyukhin is a 81 overall, John Scott is a 79 and Hjalmarsson is only a 78.

Now, I'm hoping that Artyukhin and Scott are so high because they are good enforcers. Not because EA thinks they're potential NHL AllStars.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Good Lord man, the wait for this damn game is getting nearly unbearable.

I can't wait for my son and I to have our now...yearly extravaganza, playing the new game for several hours. And having Ma keep yelling to us how cold dinner is getting. Man I love that!

Then later the night of the 7th, when things have quieted down...I'll have a freaking blast setting up my Wild GM mode. Gotta have plenty of coke [soda] and Marlboro's on hand. Best 60 bucks I'll spend this year.

As Realmk said, one of the big things is not seeing star players sitting in FA for long stretches.
Too bad you can't play BAGM with your son though eh?
My dad and I always play a franchise together, so EA's not really an option for us since they continue to refuse this option.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:49 AM   #20
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuxrok
Too bad you can't play BAGM with your son though eh?
My dad and I always play a franchise together, so EA's not really an option for us since they continue to refuse this option.
That's fantastic Canuxrok that you and your father spend time together like that. I know how much it means to me that my son comes over to the house to visit and play NHL with me. My son is 26 and has his own place now. We have an absolute blast!

And ya...it would be very cool for my son and I to get into franchise mode together. Maybe someday.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:07 AM   #21
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Right on Vikes, I'm right in the same boat with you, trying to make sure I have either enough coffee or cokes and smokes to last through a marathon hockey session. If they've manage to fix the trade logic, which I would imagine they have seeing they took the time to add all the other stuff they added to GM, its going to be a pretty **** game this year.
Well Realmk, lets hope by NHL'12', we can eliminate the cigarettes from our rituals.

Oh ya, I can get lost in the inner working of GM mode for hours. I get a kick outta checking out who's gone where outta FA, and the AI trades that have happened. And of course I'm always checking out possible moves I may want to make.

So yep, hopefully the logic will be improved for '11'. That'll make GM mode all the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 03:25 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Well Realmk, lets hope by NHL'12', we can eliminate the cigarettes from our rituals.

Oh ya, I can get lost in the inner working of GM mode for hours. I get a kick outta checking out who's gone where outta FA, and the AI trades that have happened. And of course I'm always checking out possible moves I may want to make.

So yep, hopefully the logic will be improved for '11'. That'll make GM mode all the better.
Yeah considering they're 8 bucks a pack here in Ma compared to 5 in Virginia I may be cutting out that part of the ritual sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal2405
Schedule for September 7th:
1. Going to GameStop as soon as they open.
2. Averaging 60-70 mph on residential streets to get home.
3. Playing NHL 11. Non stop.
4. Going to the Yankees game.
5. Back to non stop NHL, throwing back a six pack.

Best. Day. Ever.
I'm lucky in the sense that the GS I prepaid at is 5 mins away at normal speeds. Having two local cops in the neighborhood, I'm not too certain I could get away with driving those kinds of speeds on residential side streets hehe.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:14 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was standing in line at the local GS to pre-order NHL 11, and I about fell over when I saw the "midnight launch" sign. I'm in NW Indiana, and A LOT of people have pre-ordered. All I know is that I have Sept 7th off and I will not sleep the night of the 6th. I'll be a month into my Hawks franchise by Tuesday night
Old 08-31-2010, 05:36 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 14
Qb when are you putting up this Be a GM Mode thing!? U said today!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »