Home

NHL 11 Blog: EASHL Improvements for NHL 11

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Blog: EASHL Improvements for NHL 11 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #9
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 11 Blog: EASHL Improvements for NHL 11

As a guy who regularly plays EASHL and definitely plays it more than the offline modes, the customization piece sounds amazing.

I'm very happy that UFA/RFA are in the game as well. It's something I've wanted for a long, long time.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #10
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
I have a question. Can you edit your players ratings at any time this year, without having to change his position to do so? I find if kind of a drag, whenever I'm trying to find the perfect rating combo to have to change his position whenever I want to reorganize his ratings.
Yes and no, one of the developers was talking about player attributes on eashlforum and said you can do everything on one screen now and it's much faster.
Sounds like you still have to change player type to release all the points back for use but you don't have to wait 2 min for the other screen to load to change your player.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:07 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can't wait for this game. However, I bet we are going to see a ton of really ugly jerseys in the EASHL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 02:22 AM   #12
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
The custom jerseys are scaring the heck out of me. I just pray that the servers aren't bogged down even more than they already are, having to process teams' custom jerseys now on top of everything else. My fingers are crossed but something tells me this is going to make things even laggier, especially during prime playing hours.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
The custom jerseys are scaring the heck out of me. I just pray that the servers aren't bogged down even more than they already are, having to process teams' custom jerseys now on top of everything else. My fingers are crossed but something tells me this is going to make things even laggier, especially during prime playing hours.
Maybe EA will have some slick way of having this done. When you race people in Forza with custom paint jobs on their car, the lag is no more noticeable than regular cars; it's a non-issue. I'm thinking it'll be the same here. Maybe it'll be incorporated into the load time when starting, so it doesn't have to read from their servers all the time throughout the game.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:23 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aepoc
Maybe EA will have some slick way of having this done. When you race people in Forza with custom paint jobs on their car, the lag is no more noticeable than regular cars; it's a non-issue. I'm thinking it'll be the same here. Maybe it'll be incorporated into the load time when starting, so it doesn't have to read from their servers all the time throughout the game.

Yep, custom jerseys won't have any issues with lag as they are likely stored server side and all the jersey customization logos, etc, is locally on everyone's NHL disc anyway.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:04 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by udungoofed
Yep, custom jerseys won't have any issues with lag as they are likely stored server side and all the jersey customization logos, etc, is locally on everyone's NHL disc anyway.
It's only a matter of time (I think) before they allow us to create our own logos. It would be really nice to have that ability now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #16
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
Can you edit your players ratings at any time this year, without having to change his position to do so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
Yes and no, one of the developers was talking about player attributes on eashlforum and said you can do everything on one screen now and it's much faster.
Sounds like you still have to change player type to release all the points back for use but you don't have to wait 2 min for the other screen to load to change your player.

Voodoo_Magic is correct. If you go to "Edit Attributes", there is an option to press X (on 360) to change player type which also resets attributes to default.

PS - I'm back from moving hell and will do my best to get my GM mode feature up today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »