Home

NHL 11 HUT Producer Blog: Rammer Building a Foundation

This is a discussion on NHL 11 HUT Producer Blog: Rammer Building a Foundation within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: HUT Producer Blog

This sounds alot more like Fifa UT which was an absolute blast to play. I really hope the auction market gets alot of action like fifa. Its kinda a minigame in itself.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
Agree 10000000 percent, seriously, MUT is embarrassing. There is actually NO way to progress to a 80-90 overall team without cash.
This is true. But I'm not convinced that this can happen in HUT either. I will have to see it for myself.

I'd much prefer this be a one time DLC cost of $15-$20, or maybe $3-$5 a month to play. For me, it's not even the money that bums me out. It's that I don't feel a reward from getting a player wen I just use cash. If that were picks I earned, there would be a much bigger sense of ownership. As it is, buying packs just make me feel kind of dirty, like I cheated.

But I'm willing to accept that I am in the minority with that view. EA is making a killing off of MUT. I'm not sure my view on how they should monetize it would really net them a bigger profit.

But Rammer has sold me on giving the mode a full chance.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #11
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuhockeycj
This sounds alot more like Fifa UT which was an absolute blast to play. I really hope the auction market gets alot of action like fifa. Its kinda a minigame in itself.
I completely agree. I'm pumped for HUT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 02:46 AM   #12
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 11 HUT Producer Blog: Rammer Building a Foundation

I've gone back and forth on this mode, and my current stance is I hate it only because the playing field isn't level because you can buy packs with real money. This alone kills the whole mode for me and I have no interest wasting my time with it no matter how much Rammer hypes it up

Old 09-02-2010, 03:46 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 22
At first I felt this game mode sounded cheesy, but after trying the demo out, I just love it. It reminds me of the years before online BAP and VS games, where you built teams with trades with your friends and played against eachother, traded more and such to build a perfect team. It was super awesome and fun. And when BAP and online ranked VS games came, it kind of became the modes you only played. 2Ks online leagues were fun, but not many actually went thru on trades.

This will be superawesome, and I think I will play this more than BAP and way more than ranked VS games.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:50 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 22
BTW , 2K had a ultimate team kind of draft you could do before a exhibition game in 2k5 or 2k6, it was superfun. Itīs odd that 2K didnīt build more around it, and even took it out of their game. You pretty much go to choose any player you wanted in the league, and "drafted" a whole team turnbased until both players had a full team, right before the game. It was fun!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:25 AM   #15
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

This mode is going to be really addicting. In FIFA I found myself playing 'just one more game' the whole night trying to get coins to upgrade my team. Can't imagine how it'll be with my favorite sport (and game).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 04:51 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubey
This mode is going to be really addicting. In FIFA I found myself playing 'just one more game' the whole night trying to get coins to upgrade my team. Can't imagine how it'll be with my favorite sport (and game).
It does seem like it could be addictive, I agree. Looking forward to trying it out even if I really feel its prolly not going to be for me. At any rate new additions to the game are welcomed, more choices and ways to enjoy the great sport of hockey are a good thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »