Home

NHL 11 Hands-On: Be a GM Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Hands-On: Be a GM Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Be A GM -- Hands On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhocmark
That sounds absolutely amazing. For a series that was mired in gimmicky GM features and a glossed over fianncial situation it looks brilliant.

I think it is encouraging that you couldn't trade an albatross contract for anything of value, that feels right. No way the Rangers would get anything for Redden in the cap crazy NHL.
Agreed. I also like this because it really adds an extra dimension to your signings when you're negotiating with free agents. Previously you could kind of have the attitude of "who cares if it's too much, I'll just trade him off", where as now by the sounds of it you'll really have to be smart financially.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
I think it is encouraging that you couldn't trade an albatross contract for anything of value, that feels right. No way the Rangers would get anything for Redden in the cap crazy NHL.
Yes, it is encouraging. It will be interesting to see if it will be easier when teams have more cap space, like during a true free agency period. Since I started from the 2010 draft, teams still had guys on the books, so my potential partners were limited due to cap space. I thought I had Tampa ready to give me Ryan Malone for Redden, but they said they wanted a little more. So I added a decent pick and they shot me down quite emphatically. I guess virtual Stevie Y likes to play games...
Old 09-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #11
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Thanks for the impressions Q, looking forward to hearing your overall impressions after the 7th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #12
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4

Ooh I didn't put two and two together with the improved trade Interface. Thank goodness. It was torture trying to execute trades in NHL 10.

I may have missed it (I've read it twice now), but how is the overall interface? Did you go in and mess with player movement and line adjustments?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sounds awesome! Any noticeable system in place for college prospects?(Sheahan, Bjugstad) Such as false named prospects?

EDIT: Oh! And are official AHL rules in so that players that aren't 20 by the 31st of december, have to play either CHL or NHL?

Last edited by 06woz; 09-02-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #14
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm curious how the CHL rosters get replenished through the years.

Do rookies get generated in the CHL and then progress to their draft eligible year?

Does the CHL get simulated every year as well?

In general, were you able to make any observations about how the CHL and prospects maintains itself?

Thanks QB. Top notch work as usual.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
I may have missed it (I've read it twice now), but how is the overall interface? Did you go in and mess with player movement and line adjustments?
Player movement between NHL/AHL remains the same, I think, as does the edit lines screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
Sounds awesome! Any noticeable system in place for college prospects?(Sheahan, Bjugstad) Such as false named prospects?

EDIT: Oh! And are official AHL rules in so that players that aren't 20 by the 31st of december, have to play either CHL or NHL?
Prospects from the USA, Russia, and other nations will be generated for each year. I think it was in a recent blog that they used actual draft data to better match the quantity & quality of generated prospects to real life trends.

As for the AHL age rule, I didn't think to check that at the community event, nor have I remembered to do so with the retail version. Guess I now have something to do tonight, eh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #16
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks for the impressions, I'm looking forward to finding time to get a Be A GM season off the ground this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »