Home

EA Sports MMA Video: Shinya Aoki vs. Nick Diaz Full Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Video: Shinya Aoki vs. Nick Diaz Full Gameplay within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #17
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i popped in UFC today after not playing it in a long time and really the only thing about EA that i appear to like better (without having a chance to play it yet) are the submissions, groggyness and the player models. Even though the player models in UFC look good, for some reason i like the way these guys look better. And the shine is the worst part about the UFC game. But in EA's game takedowns are either completed or not, theres no in between. Most times your going to complete a takedown in EA's game unless the person times the defense perfectly. Its as if a fighter's skill in terms of takedown defense means nothing. Striking also looks better in UFC although their flaw with that is the fluidity of moves. I do like in EA's game that when a guy is rocked he isn't just laying on the ground unprotected so you can just come in there and finish him off with wide open punches. They still seem to attempt to defend themselves.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:49 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
If you can't tell this game at least LOOKS better than Undisputed, you have no business criticizing any game. It's exactly like comparing Fight Night to Undisputed. I'm talking character models, lighting, animation... all of it are vast improvements over THQ. Alright, Aoki's face isn't up to snuff and the pecs are reminiscent of Bruce Timm's Batman, but it sure has a nice polish on it so far.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #19
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Shinya Aoki vs. Nick Diaz Full Gameplay

Am I the only one who thinks this looks incredibly awkward in motion? Don't get me wrong, the graphics are really sexy, but the fighters are speeding all over the place, and everything looks really unnatural...
Old 09-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #20
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Am I the only one who thinks this looks incredibly awkward in motion? Don't get me wrong, the graphics are really sexy, but the fighters are speeding all over the place, and everything looks really unnatural...
Your not. The movement in UFC is better and more natural than EA MMA. They slide around the cage/ring.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #21
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA SPORTS MMA: Aoki vs. Diaz - Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Holy crap EA MMA is just crapping on UFC 2010.

8. The commentary seems to be better then UFC 2010 too.

About the only thing I don't like about this game so far from videos is how damn fast they move across the ring, but other then that this game is a must buy for me.

I really can't believe you actually typed that. The commentary sounds lame to me (on top of hating that guy anyway). They barely mention names, it's very generic AND it sounds like it was done in a recording booth instead of at an event.

There are MAJOR problems with this game, I'm kind of stunned at how many are singing it's praises.

- the EA freeze frame problem is here transitioning between "scenes"
- The ring movement is RIDICULOUS! this can't be stressed enough, the fighter at one point went in and out and back in and covered about 10ft of space faster than his hook animation.
- The plum looked bad
- Reactions to getting kicked cleanly in the face was non-existant
- The camera work is not smooth (UFC is some of the best camera i've seen in any sports game, it's smooth and goes unnoticed) this almost made me dizzy at times.
- There are a lot of sound issues all across the board.
- many strikes lack power although the jab is starting to look pretty tight.
- takedowns, reversals and the submission battle looks to be over-simplistic for me.

At this point I would not buy, I'd just rent, but I'm not expecting great things.
It just looks weak to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 20
you're a fool to say this is better than ufc point blank.the striking is as slow as a snail race,commentary is bad,etc...

its not totally better than ufc (its maybe 1 or 2 things they did better),just get that straight.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch masta
you're a fool to say this is better than ufc point blank.the striking is as slow as a snail race,commentary is bad,etc...

its not totally better than ufc (its maybe 1 or 2 things they did better),just get that straight.
A wise man waits until he plays a game to judge it; and before passing said judgement, waits until he has understood the game's inner workings.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #24

OVR: 34

Anyone who has played Fight Night knows this game is currently struggling with the exact opposite in the footwork dept. In FN4 it often felt so slow moving around the ring. It was very sluggish. Now with MMA it seems the fighters are far too fast with no natural movement toward their destination.

I don't know if it's just a difficult thing to program but I would prefer MMA's movement (with some tweaks) to FN4's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »