Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA Soccer 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

IGN has posted their FIFA Soccer 11 hands-on preview.

Quote:
"FIFA 11's not got the benefit of one big new feature to wow people with – there's no game changer like the 360 degree dribbling that was introduced last year, nor the myriad headline improvements of 09 that helped establish FIFA as the premier football game series. What it does have is refinement and polish alongside countless little advances that do their very best to eradicate any of the faults of FIFA's past.

There's none of the dumb-headed positioning from your A.I partners, none of the moments of crass stupidity from your keeper as he lays the ball off into the path of the opposition and none of the frustrations from another cheap chipped goal. Instead, there's a whole load of quality. Passes are now more technical, requiring a little more thought and a lot more care before spreading the ball around the field, and wide play is now more likely to be rewarded with a crisply met header than before. The result is a game that's much more reliable than before, and one that steps even closer to aping the flow of the real thing."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / NDS / PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Sounds good man the game was brilliant last year anyway so the fact that they have worked on refining the game is absolutely fine with me....However until they introduce youth academies in manager/career mode i'll still have to buy PES aswell as fifa....the amount of times i've had to forfeit games (for real, since when has a game been forfeited because of a lack of players?? yh....never!) rather than just call up some youth team players is absurd!
Old 09-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

glad stuff is defaulted off lol handballs could get annoying as well

Old 09-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 33
I like the idea of having handballs. Maybe needs a slider to reduce the frequency .
Old 09-11-2010, 05:30 AM   #5
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
I'm glad there is an option to turn handballs off or on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 01:35 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think unless there's a major flaw with it I'll probably play with handballs on, I'd rather have it called up as opposed to scoring a 90th minute winner/having one scored on me through a handball as has happened in the last month alone in F10.

That being said I have to be honest I thought the refs already had differing standards about what's a card & stuff but maybe that one was just me. Either way it's already ordered, paid off & being highly looked forward too.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:50 AM   #7
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzs K2
However until they introduce youth academies in manager/career mode i'll still have to buy PES aswell as fifa....the amount of times i've had to forfeit games (for real, since when has a game been forfeited because of a lack of players?? yh....never!) rather than just call up some youth team players is absurd!
I've never played a deep Career mode on FIFA, last i did at all was FIFA07. So in the 15 year-long Career mode, where do the young players come from? Is there just a pool of unsigned youth players? Do they just randomly show up in some transfer section? I wasn't aware they didn't have youth systems in the game... =\
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs
Old 09-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Awesome. Looking forward to try the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »