Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #9
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Arrives on Sept. 15, 4 Teams, 10 Minute Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Thanks Sox. I'll check it out. And don't forget our thread tomorrow! LOL

Man, just played one game. WOW. This has the potential to be the best football game I've ever played. The animations are very smooth. Physics are good. The CPU AI was excellent. The new passing system is spot on. Gonna take me a while to get used to it but I love it. I downloaded the FIFA 11 ps3 demo but that didnt wow me like this did. The only negative as I've said all along is the sound but not a big deal at all. I hope the ps3 version is exactly like this PC version.
I tried to ask you on PSN what you thought of fifa

After playing both demos on the ps3 I much prefer PES this year and I haven't felt that way the last couple of years.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #10
MVP

ezio's Arena

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Need to get used to the controls and passing, but am also loving it. Have a HTPC hooked up to my plasma running at full 1080p, looks stunning and runs smoothly. Now that the time mod and different team mods are starting to come out, this will not get boring before release.

Anyway play around with the game speed slider? It seemed like it only went from 0, +1, +2. I thought there were 5 different speeds with a -1 and -2 setting as well?
I haven't played the PC demo but there are 5 settings in the ps3 demo. So far -1 is my favorite.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #11
MVP

ezio's Arena

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

I have had the ps3 demo since last Friday since I bought plus from the UK store.

I have not been a fan of the last few PES games but I am really enjoying the demo.
The passing takes getting used to but once you do and it starts to click you can play some beautiful stuff. The player/team differences are back IMO. I feel a difference playing as Barca vs. Bayern for example. My biggest problems in the past were animations and of course the ref in PES 2010 was terrible. they are both great now. Also, the keepers seem much improved although they will still spill some shots but they are much better. In one game Butt absolutely robbed Messi from less than 6 yards out.

It takes time to get used to but once you do it really is good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #12
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Arrives on Sept. 15, 4 Teams, 10 Minute Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I tried to ask you on PSN what you thought of fifa

After playing both demos on the ps3 I much prefer PES this year and I haven't felt that way the last couple of years.
sorry about that man. I rarely game online so I never even bother to check my msgs. But yeah, I'm really feeling this PES. No more ping pong passing either which has evened out possession times.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #13
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Outstanding... may have to skip a night of NHL11 OTP to play some footie demos!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #14
MVP

ezio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
sorry about that man. I rarely game online so I never even bother to check my msgs. But yeah, I'm really feeling this PES. No more ping pong passing either which has evened out possession times.
No worries

I agree on the passing as well. Everything just feels better in the PES demo compared to Fifa right now but I will give fifa some more time.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #15
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

The demo is now available for those who have a European name and do not have plus. I imagine the US store will have it later today?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Can someone who has downloaded the PC demo help me out. I downloaded it successfully, but when I try to run it, a window pops up and tells me Im missin something (some sort of file im guessing) and then it tells me that re-installing the demo may fix it. I tried it but same thing pops up.

Can someone tell me how they downloaded it or what Im doing wrong here?!

Edit- Nvm. Demo was supposed to be on the US PSN right now but I didnt see it so I created a UK account and am downloading it right now.

Last edited by Orange Juice; 09-15-2010 at 01:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »