Home

NBA Elite 11 Defensive Blog

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Defensive Blog within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #17
NBA Elite Developer

OVR: 23
Re: New blog: Defensive Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
No you guys can win, but you've got to give us something worth having. the write-ups feel like they are weeks old. and more marketing hype and words than anything. how about a video showcasing these new defensive moments. but ok. you guys can't win. The demo would have curtailed this oh, lets see, a WEEK ago maybe.
Not if the demo wasn't good.

There is a correlation between the timing of the demo release and the quality of the demo.

The later the demo, the closer it will be to the final product.

We made a call that it was more important to have the demo better represent the final product than release it early.

It's not because we're playing any games.

You've said you wanted a video to back up the words in the blog. Guys back in Burnaby, can we make that happen?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #18
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Elite 11 Defensive Blog

I can respect that ReAn...hey we got a early demo from the other game and while fun, its bare. You guys are trying to show us a brand new kind of game...Im fine with releasing a quality demo...
Old 09-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Not if the demo wasn't good.

There is a correlation between the timing of the demo release and the quality of the demo.

The later the demo, the closer it will be to the final product.

We made a call that it was more important to have the demo better represent the final product than release it early.

It's not because we're playing any games.

You've said you wanted a video to back up the words in the blog. Guys back in Burnaby, can we make that happen?
Hey reAnimator thanks for getting us some more information..there was alot in that blog that I haven't heard or read so I found it informative, and I accept your position on the importance of releasing a quality demo...I think the thing that would help the frustration is if someone or whoever is in control of announcements would just simply say when we can expect the demo...all this delay is only making things worse for the success of your game...patience is wearing thin ..(just sayin)

now at this point like I said before when you do release information if, since we can't seem to get our hands on the demo...at least attemp to show us the new improvements of your game with the blogs...if that is possible......credibility is everything at this stage of the game...

the Hype will build as I said before by coming through on your promises..it's really that simple....(just sayin)
Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 10

rEAnimator is right, I rather have a quality demo that represents the final build well, than having something with an earlier build that doesn't play solid.

I played the other demo and I'm not sold, all I have is Elite this year for my basketball fix
Old 09-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #21
NBA Elite Developer

OVR: 11

I hope they post some footage from the game Nov and I played a couple days ago - he was down by about 8 pts with 2 minutes to go in the fourth and managed to bring it back within 2 with full court pressure on my inbounds.

You have to stay alert if someone is pressuring the inbound, but there are some good counters if you're paying attention. Having two guards back, you can icon pass to either one, or player switch to either one. In previous years inbound steals were cheesy so we'd have to tone down the ability to intercept passes just after inbounds. This year it actually feels appropriately intense when the ball is about to get inbounded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 2
ea talks too much ...most people wanna c stuff with there own eyes....my guess is ...
ea aint ready yet for 2k but thats okay ...cus we got 2k...maybe next year...but my guess..they wont be ready...
its all good baby babbbbyyy
Old 09-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #23
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I can respect that ReAn...hey we got a early demo from the other game and while fun, its bare. You guys are trying to show us a brand new kind of game...Im fine with releasing a quality demo...
Agreed. I dont mind waiting on the demo. They have so much more to prove ,and I assume they will be a lot more data in Elites demo then the other guys which just makes sense that it would take longer to get to us.

EA take your time and make sure it's right because you guys have so much to gain and lose based on this demo.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
No you guys can win, but you've got to give us something worth having. the write-ups feel like they are weeks old. and more marketing hype and words than anything. how about a video showcasing these new defensive moments. but ok. you guys can't win. The demo would have curtailed this oh, lets see, a WEEK ago maybe.

You speak as if there is a supreme entitlement that must be vindicated. For if not, you will withhold your gold pieces and forever cast all that toil away on this NBA Elite 11 to depths of game maker Haddes, where they will never be seen nor heard from again.

Really now, these guys work for guy, who works for another guy, who works for another guy, rinse and repeat until you get to the top guy at Electronic Arts Corporation. You have no idea what limitations are in place as far anything where this game is involved. Not demos, blogs, videos or any other information relating or pertaining to said game.

These guys bust their hump to make the best game possible given the time and resources available to them. And when the game is finished they’ll give you a test drive. From that test drive you decide whether or not to buy the game. It’s a simple process.

The fact that these guys are even here to dialogue with us should be appreciated and respected. I am not saying that these guys are being personally disrespected, but, if every time they come around they’re being slammed no matter what they do and basically told, in a roundabout way that they suck at their job, there is going to come a point where they say; “F*@k it” why bother and not come around anymore.

The amount of criticism positive and negative for a game that very few if any of us here at OS have even had the chance to play yet, tells me that a lot of this criticism is merely co-signing, because it seems to be in vogue for this game.

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again “WAIT FOR THE DEMO, IT WILL GET HERE WHEN ITS HERE, THEN VOTE WITH YOUR FEET, IF NECESSARY, ALL THE WAY TO THE OTHER OPTION”

MrMars

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »