Home

NBA Elite 11 Defensive Blog

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Defensive Blog within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 2
if the demo still aint close to the real deal build final version then what up with that...its should like..already be done..sorry the created players of ea suck anyway so..plus the players all look so skinny asshy like dave chappelle on crack...for two years danilo galinnari looked liked the easter bunny and dont get me started on the other players...its not a bad game but compared too 2k yall just aint there yet.. 2k is takin over and thats okay ea got so many other games...so F.. the demo cus its allmost over 5 oct is commin and demos suppose to come out earlier than the game itself...mannn...i was such a fan of ea live games ..nba live 2000 still my favorite..i guess thats says it all.. i wanna be loyal but man my money should go to the game that aint makin me angry when i play it..only ea nba live playin online was waayyyy better then 2k...but thats okay my player mode is this years focus..offline or online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't say I agree with most of you. With the exception of the NHL franchise, EA has an extensive history of putting out inferior games, so of course most of us will be skeptical. To make things worse, they have begun to penalize frugal gamers who choose to wait for a used copy by not including features that were previously standard, as if $54.99 will put their executives in the poor house.

The bottomline is this, as consumers we want a product we feel is worth our $60+, I don't think we owe it to any video game company to take their word for it when they say we've made vast improvements, especially if their word has not be reliable in the past. The game is supposed to be out in about three weeks, if it's not "ready" at this point chances are it will not be "ready" on release date.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0
I also don't feel the developers are doing anyone any favors by commenting in these forums. I would rather the finished product speak for itself. Good games typically sell, bad ones usually do not.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:18 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Elite 11 Defensive Blog

This sounds good actually..
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 09-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New blog: Defensive Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMars
You speak as if there is a supreme entitlement that must be vindicated. For if not, you will withhold your gold pieces and forever cast all that toil away on this NBA Elite 11 to depths of game maker Haddes, where they will never be seen nor heard from again.

Really now, these guys work for guy, who works for another guy, who works for another guy, rinse and repeat until you get to the top guy at Electronic Arts Corporation. You have no idea what limitations are in place as far anything where this game is involved. Not demos, blogs, videos or any other information relating or pertaining to said game.

These guys bust their hump to make the best game possible given the time and resources available to them. And when the game is finished they’ll give you a test drive. From that test drive you decide whether or not to buy the game. It’s a simple process.

The fact that these guys are even here to dialogue with us should be appreciated and respected. I am not saying that these guys are being personally disrespected, but, if every time they come around they’re being slammed no matter what they do and basically told, in a roundabout way that they suck at their job, there is going to come a point where they say; “F*@k it” why bother and not come around anymore.

The amount of criticism positive and negative for a game that very few if any of us here at OS have even had the chance to play yet, tells me that a lot of this criticism is merely co-signing, because it seems to be in vogue for this game.

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again “WAIT FOR THE DEMO, IT WILL GET HERE WHEN ITS HERE, THEN VOTE WITH YOUR FEET, IF NECESSARY, ALL THE WAY TO THE OTHER OPTION”

MrMars

I think the thing you need to realize is that most of the people who are giving this "vogue criticism" are people that BOUGHT nba live 10. People that spent their hard earned money on last years bball game from ea sports. People enjoyed the heck out of nba live 10 and expected ea to continue to improve upon the solid foundation they'd built. But guess what? EA decided " let's start all over again even though our customers never asked for it!" This is where most of the criticism is coming from. It wouldn't be vouge to criticize nba elite if ea didn't give us a reason to.

As far as the devs go, i agree that they should be respected more for taking the time out of their day to converse with their potential customers.
There's no doubt about that.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Not if the demo wasn't good.

There is a correlation between the timing of the demo release and the quality of the demo.

The later the demo, the closer it will be to the final product.

We made a call that it was more important to have the demo better represent the final product than release it early.

It's not because we're playing any games.

You've said you wanted a video to back up the words in the blog. Guys back in Burnaby, can we make that happen?
okay, I can respect that. I've never heard that before. It's always that the demo is from an old build.... Having had a chance to play an older build, I think it's extremely wise that you have a demo that represents the final product better. Good call.

Now maybe if you guys (ie., EA) would've said this a week or so ago, at least the nervous energy we manic os'ers spend on these forums would be spent in another direction...lol.

I never meant to imply that you were 'playing any games'. Im actually more anxious to see the feedback on this forum, and see if it wildly swings around.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #31
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrapp
I think the thing you need to realize is that most of the people who are giving this "vogue criticism" are people that BOUGHT nba live 10. People that spent their hard earned money on last years bball game from ea sports. People enjoyed the heck out of nba live 10 and expected ea to continue to improve upon the solid foundation they'd built. But guess what? EA decided " let's start all over again even though our customers never asked for it!" This is where most of the criticism is coming from. It wouldn't be vouge to criticize nba elite if ea didn't give us a reason to.

As far as the devs go, i agree that they should be respected more for taking the time out of their day to converse with their potential customers.
There's no doubt about that.
^^^^This!!! Nail on the coffin....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #32
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Elite 11 Defensive Blog

Broken record much? I agree with the message but I'm sure this new dev team have got that message.

OS used to be a cool place back in the day and now I hardly want to read some of the dribble that is posted.

Props to ReAnim and others for still coming here to post whilst the masses wait as I could easily understand if they didn't. The hype is obviously here otherwise you wouldn't have so many crying for the release of a demo and if the other EA demo's are anything to go buy, it should be worth the wait as they are a full demo experience. Assume the Elite demo will be the same.

People need to chill. Stop regurgitating the same thing over and over. Constructive critism is a way to get a good message across and no one should be able to do that until the demo drops. I'd say it does more harm to devs visiting this site and communicating with OS than the other way around. I'm just as big a critic of EA. Those who know me will know that. Less info doesn't mean this is 07 all over again. There's some good conversation going on but most threads derail into the same thing. Ugh.

Bring on the demo. I'm more than happy to wait until it's ready. It's unlikely I'll be purchasing this year due to issues like injuries and this being the first year, etc, but still looking forward to waiting and testing the demo out.

Last edited by donkey33; 09-16-2010 at 08:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »