Home

EA Sports MMA Video: Sylvia vs. Sapp Full Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Video: Sylvia vs. Sapp Full Gameplay within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
EA Sports MMA Video: Sylvia vs. Sapp Full Gameplay

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: EA SPORTS MMA Quick Clip #9: Sylvia vs. Sapp Full Gameplay Video

Lmfao @ Sylvia getting dropped. Bob the Beast!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I am excited. Does not look the most realistic, but boy it looks fun to play.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #4

OVR: 34

It will be nice to play the demo and get a feel for some things. It looks like there is a stun state like FN4 did. I'm not too crazy about that if the person doing the stunning isn't able to pursue. Man, just thinking of how that was in FN4 frustrates me. You should be able to pounce someone if they are truly stunned.

The most glaring issue I see without playing the game is the footwork. There is a lot of sliding and instances where movement looks awkward. If you look at that first big punch, the fighter literally slides into it and he moves forward too quickly from the position he is in.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
It will be nice to play the demo and get a feel for some things. It looks like there is a stun state like FN4 did. I'm not too crazy about that if the person doing the stunning isn't able to pursue. Man, just thinking of how that was in FN4 frustrates me. You should be able to pounce someone if they are truly stunned.

The most glaring issue I see without playing the game is the footwork. There is a lot of sliding and instances where movement looks awkward. If you look at that first big punch, the fighter literally slides into it and he moves forward too quickly from the position he is in.
All EA MMA has to do is work and it will be a step up from UFC 10. I honestly can't even get a online game going in UFC 10 most the time. Between the horrible lag, drops, quits, and horrible match system. It has not gotten pulled out the case since a few weeks after launch.

I am going into EA MMA with a much looser "want" out of it. I am not going to nit pick all the realism factors of it as much. To some degree I still will if it is far out of the realm of realism or if it effects gameplay negatively. Outside of that, I am going into EA MMA just looking to have a blast fighting people in a chess like game. I hope it lives up to the chess like approach, because judging by what the Devs have been saying. This is a big goal of theirs. Even mentioning we won't see super CAF like in UFC 10.

I just want to have fun playing EA MMA is all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ

The above video demonstrates a Flash KO where a fighter gets hit with one punch and is out cold. Something which happens way too often in UFC 2010.

However, other videos of EA MMA have shown many instances where a "stun" state is triggered via a hard punch/kick, and the attacking fighter is able to pounce on the "stunned" fighter and inflict more damage in attempt to stop the fight and win via TKO.

As for the footwork, it is a side effect of EA MMA using the Fight Night Round 4 engine as a foundation for the game. If you watch any videos of Fight Night Round 4, you'll see a similar sliding of the feet.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #7

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480
The above video demonstrates a Flash KO where a fighter gets hit with one punch and is out cold. Something which happens way too often in UFC 2010.

However, other videos of EA MMA have shown many instances where a "stun" state is triggered via a hard punch/kick, and the attacking fighter is able to pounce on the "stunned" fighter and inflict more damage in attempt to stop the fight and win via TKO.

As for the footwork, it is a side effect of EA MMA using the Fight Night Round 4 engine as a foundation for the game. If you watch any videos of Fight Night Round 4, you'll see a similar sliding of the feet.
You may be on there because if you notice the difference between the two, MMA's fighters move faster than those in FN4, but I think sliding takes place more in MMA. It just might be something really tough to program. I don't mind it until something unrealistic comes, like the physical location of the fighter sort of morphing into an animation. I would prefer faster footwork with sliding than slower without.

Another thing I think attributes tot he sliding feel is the camera zooming and shifting. That tends to give a slide feel when no sliding is occurring.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:59 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Sylvia vs. Sapp Full Gameplay

Loving the effects of those leg kicks! You can see Sapp's leg start to limp.

Hopefully fighters will be less successful in attempting/defending takedowns when their leg is badly damaged.

Last edited by 23bluesman; 09-18-2010 at 01:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »