Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch #2 Information

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch #2 Information within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch #2 Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Wow.....Anybody else got the feeling this patch isn't going to come out until EA MMA retail game comes out ? If so that would be a full 5 months since UFC Undisputed came out.

Makes no sense I swear. I guess THQ don't realize if you don't fix your game in a timely manner, most people will trade your game back in.
Plus is anything on that list really the high priority items to patch. I don't see anything fixing
  • 3 transition issue
  • CPU AI aggression (lack of fighting like real fighters)
  • CPU psychic sway abilities (They dodge better than Roy Jones Jr.)
  • Poor stamina loss for power shots
  • HORRIBLE online connections
  • Online Drops
  • ratings not mattering
They will fix rare bugs which even they label "rare instances". But they won't fix the myriad of gameplay issues, online issues, fight camp issues, and gameplay balances. THQ is truly a piece of work. Literally one of the worst "major" video game releases in a LOOOONG time. Almost the whole thing does not work correctly.

But the presentation is top notch
Old 09-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Plus is anything on that list really the high priority items to patch. I don't see anything fixing
  • 3 transition issue
  • CPU AI aggression (lack of fighting like real fighters)
  • CPU psychic sway abilities (They dodge better than Roy Jones Jr.)
  • Poor stamina loss for power shots
  • HORRIBLE online connections
  • Online Drops
  • ratings not mattering
They will fix rare bugs which even they label "rare instances". But they won't fix the myriad of gameplay issues, online issues, fight camp issues, and gameplay balances. THQ is truly a piece of work. Literally one of the worst "major" video game releases in a LOOOONG time. Almost the whole thing does not work correctly.

But the presentation is top notch
LOL...I think I'm one of the few people who still plays this game regularly. I guess its because I dont play it online. I actually disagree about ur issues with the CPU. I think they pretty much fight like their real life counterparts and dont have an issue with the swaying. My biggest problem is the submission system but I'm getting better at that.

If I played online, I would be furious though.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL...I think I'm one of the few people who still plays this game regularly. I guess its because I dont play it online. I actually disagree about ur issues with the CPU. I think they pretty much fight like their real life counterparts and dont have an issue with the swaying. My biggest problem is the submission system but I'm getting better at that.

If I played online, I would be furious though.
I have zero idea how you play the CPU aholbert. Anything lower than expert and I demolish the CPU without even trying. On the ground the flick reversal system means that I can go from any ground position offense or defense to full mount in 3 to 5 flicks. Then this equals me slaughtering the CPU.

Also I don't know how you can say they fight like their real life counter parts. How often do you EVER see the CPU retreat and back up. They come straight at you 99% of the time. If you are someone like Randy Couture and want to push your opponent against the cage. Well you MUST clinch and then clinch reverse to gain any chance of pushing them against the cage. Because the CPU will not, back up and put itself near the cage.

I don't know aholbert, I just see sooooooo many errors in the AI. I find it fights like a street fighter rather than a MMA sim. Everyone throws looping bombs nonstop, very little stamina issues with this strategy. KO's are a touch to high, not a huge complaint of mine because it should happen. They are just a tad to many.

Like you touched on the submitting the CPU is laughable bad. Oh and like you said in the bold. If you played online you would be close to snapping this piece of trash in half. I tried playing some yesterday. Complete utter waste of time.

This game got more testing than UFC 2010 did!

Last edited by Phobia; 09-20-2010 at 02:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »