Home

Out of Bounds: The Sad College Basketball Void

This is a discussion on Out of Bounds: The Sad College Basketball Void within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #17
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
I wasn't too upset about the axing of CH because NBA2K9 and 2K10 had major issues and CH2K8 was still the best 2K basketball game out. But now it looks like 2K finally came correct with 2K11 so I'll be annoyed that we aren't getting a college version of it.

I refuse to believe that we'll never see a college basketball game again though. One of these days we'll get that major announcement that it's coming back.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #18
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Beautifully said my friend...

Not have a college basketball game is very rough.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
I got emotional reading this article. I can't wait for the day when I rejoice about a new College basketball game.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1
I will clarify that the lack of a 2K college basketball game is disheartening.

Being one myself and knowing how rabid they are I can't help but believe that UK fans themselves could make a game profitable if you slapped a former UK player or Calipari on the cover. I'm on the sane end of that spectrum and I'd be in for 2 if the game was an upgraded CH2K8.

It would be interested to know what the NCAA is demanding for licensing a basketball game.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #21
Rookie

No other developer can step up. At this generation, the cost of making a simulation sport game is so high that even if the license(s) was free, a developer couldn't make a profit with college basketball alone. The only hope is for 2K or EA to re-use their NBA engine. Now the fact that BOTH of them decided to give up despite a working engine gives you an idea of just how unreasonable the NCAA is or was. If you want to complain to anyone, write to the NCAA.

Also, the world doesn't grind to an halt each march. Face it: worldwide, college basketball is less popular than female beach volleyball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #22
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5
EA destroyed college basketball video gaming, they couldn't compete so they bought the rights and then screwed it up!
Old 09-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5
Man EA did not buy the rights!
NCAA went up on fee and 2k said 4@#k it
Old 09-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #24
Rookie

tyreeii's Arena

FYI, 2K did not give up on NCAA. EA sports bout exclusivity rights. I think the contract is up in a year or 2. College Hoops 2K8 was profitable but not profitable enough for 2K to justify outbidding EA for the rights.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »