Home

Gran Turismo 5 vs. Forza Motorsport 3 Video: Circuit de la Sarthe

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 vs. Forza Motorsport 3 Video: Circuit de la Sarthe within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Gran Turismo 5 vs. Forza Motorsport 3 Video: Circuit de la Sarthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicd
Well, to me there are few differences. GTs color looks fake, trees bright green, etc. But the huge difference is the FORZA actually gets released and I have been playing it for a year now! Forza 4 will be here before gt is.
Hey look, it's that obligatory comment! Seriously, it was old after the second time someone said it.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #10
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah that is a weak comparison...only thing I really see is GT5 has super green environment and reflective cars. But they've been working on it for 4 years plus, compared to Forza's year and a half cycle.

Too me this comparison would be fair if they had the same time to design. But even in this video. Looks like he Dulled Forza down, because it doesn't look that bland on my TV.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #11
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
Hey look, it's that obligatory comment! Seriously, it was old after the second time someone said it.
But you must admit it is beyond absurd what they have put us through. I went out and bought a g25 wheel for the basis alone of playing GT, and while I have had fun with the other racing ames, and soon f1, GT keeps on getting delayed. I have the ps3 for 2 games, the show and GT, but now all i have is the show as GT Prologues fun lasted a week or so. I cant wait for GT, and the game does look great, but the wait has diminished my anticipation to a degree im no longer counting on the upcoming release. And when he said they have already begun working on GT6 it blew my mind, as we are still a long time from gt 5 coming out. Forza has been every inch as good as GT and with 1/6th the wait time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12

I thought the same thing shadows. On my TV Forza doesn't look that dull. But to be honest I'd probably like it to be a bit dulled down some. In real life nothing is as bright as what's depicted in these games sometimes and GT5 is way off from real life. I'll be picking it up of course since I own a 360 and a PS3 and use a wheel on both consoles but I went from thinking that GT5 was going to be perfect (except for glitches which we know will pop up but something they can patch) to thinking it will be very good to pretty great but it has already lost that perfect title with some of the omissions in the game.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicd
But you must admit it is beyond absurd what they have put us through. I went out and bought a g25 wheel for the basis alone of playing GT, and while I have had fun with the other racing ames, and soon f1, GT keeps on getting delayed. I have the ps3 for 2 games, the show and GT, but now all i have is the show as GT Prologues fun lasted a week or so. I cant wait for GT, and the game does look great, but the wait has diminished my anticipation to a degree im no longer counting on the upcoming release. And when he said they have already begun working on GT6 it blew my mind, as we are still a long time from gt 5 coming out. Forza has been every inch as good as GT and with 1/6th the wait time.
Unless you have an advanced copy, then I can't see how you definitively say that Forza is as good as GT5.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #14
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

GT certainly looked more colorful but I don't think Forza embarrased itself at all in that comparison.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
This video made me realize I don't have to buy GT5. Forza can provide me with my car racing action until the next Forza comes out or when GT5 comes down in price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #16
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Forza 3 using adjusted (maybe 90°) cockpit view. Default is much closer to GT5.

Both in-car views are put to shame by NFS Shift, DiRT and GRID.

Forza colors look under saturated while GT5s over saturated.

Forza has a green suggested line; GT5 has a blue one.

Both titles seem to feature very non-bumpy tracks.

Based on how he weaves through traffic GT5 is set to easy/no sim/no damage?

One works on the 360; one on the PS3.

In the end is there really much difference. Two clinical sim engines trapped in a collect-a-car, hot-lap, arcade-ladder game with AI set to sleep walk. Sure, one may have night and rain and one may have a big MS Paint swap shop but both lack a real race pedigree.

Last edited by lnin0; 09-20-2010 at 07:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »