Home

Chris' Blog: Playing the blame game with NBA Elite 11

This is a discussion on Chris' Blog: Playing the blame game with NBA Elite 11 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Chris' Blog: Playing the blame game with NBA Elite 11

Reading this reminds me of the first time I heard ether..
I agree with it for the most part..
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 09-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #18
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Chris you must have missed out on the second Live game on 360 and also the first Sony title on PS3 -- now those were BAD games.

That being said, I don't really have strong feelings one way or the other on this title as of now -- at least not ones that are that different from how I felt at E3.
I'm pretty sure this game might be Live 07's equal. I remember that game, these seem pretty similar to me actually....although I'd have to find Live 07 in the archives just to make sure. I get the same feeling at least playing them
Old 09-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 28
Chris,

No disrespect to your opinion but to say that this is going to be a disaster is a stretch. Did you play MLB 2K9 or MLB 2K10? Those were a disaster.

I think the developers are going the right way with the controls. 2K's has a scroll with all of the buttons you have to push (i.e. a layup is X, X, A, B, RS, RS, LS, RS3, R1, L1, L2)...It's like trying to get fatality in Mortal Kombat.

Elite doesn't play poorly and the controls come with a bit of a learning curve but once you get past "EA Sports" and actually play the demo a few times, the controls are solid. The ability to miss a free throw with direction and distance has never been done and you can do that in this game. Not to mention, the classic controls are still available for those that cannot grasp or just plain dislike the new control scheme.

Here we have a sport in which we have options in terms of video games and people want to bash this and that instead of looking at the game itself.

I found the atmosphere and commentary to be outstanding. The ability to try the new career mode was a nice touch as well.

I haven't purchased a NBA title in years and I will buy 2K because of the classic teams (could care less about Jordan). Give me Nique and the Hawks or the 90's Pistons any day. But I am also considering Elite as it does offer a different way to play....
Old 09-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
That's another good analogy. If Elite gets a few more years, I think they're thinking outside of the box enough to deliver something really awesome. But Elite 11 set EA basketball back 4 years....not a good place to start when you were already playing from behind.
Your right, which mean's the EA basketball series is in serious trouble. I can't imagine EA investing into another 3 years to finally get a good product in 2014
Old 09-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #21
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
I'm pretty sure this game might be Live 07's equal. I remember that game, these seem pretty similar to me actually....although I'd have to find Live 07 in the archives just to make sure. I get the same feeling at least playing them
Ha there's NOOOO WAYYY! Seriously go find that game and play it or see if there is a demo of it on the Marketplace. It's so shoddy. The animation system was like broken, and it still had horrendous controls etc. It was an actual abomination. Even if you don't like this game, at least you can get through playing it. I'm not sure it would be possible with Live 07.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #22
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Ha there's NOOOO WAYYY! Seriously go find that game and play it or see if there is a demo of it on the Marketplace. It's so shoddy. The animation system was like broken, and it still had horrendous controls etc. It was an actual abomination. Even if you don't like this game, at least you can get through playing it. I'm not sure it would be possible with Live 07.
PS, I'm pretty sure Live 07 was the one that literally had no good camera to use in it. It was awkward to play with any of the camera angles in the game.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Chris' Blog: Playing the blame game with NBA Elite 11

Everyone has different tastes when it comes to just about everything. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL A TRUE BASKETBALL PLAYER or FAN can really take this game serious. Im not saying you have to switch to 2k and never look back. But this game is NOT basketball. Its nowhere near sim and I wouldnt put it in the category of arcade. When companies think they can wrap there poop up and put their name on the product and hope it sells. Besides last year do you think our disappointment is anything new. Theres always something missing. Same company who tried to buy the NBA license. I cant really express without being banned but its almost worth it.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
It Not just the controls but the overall unrealistic feel that I think makes the game unable to compete with 2k this year and has been a trend for awhile now I'm glad I realize this at nba live 03 the last EA basketball game i purchases nd it SAD because we as consumers need competition to get the best product

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »