Home

Madden NFL 11 Patch 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Patch 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29
Madden NFL 11 Patch 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

The Madden NFL 11 patch is available now for PS3 users.

Will update this post when the 360 patch is available.

UPDATE: The patch is now available for 360 users.

Please post your impressions here.

NFL Football is in full swing, and so is the latest title update for Madden NFL 11. Many of the features and fixes associated with this patch came directly from you, our loyal Madden NFL community. For this update, the team focused primarily on improving gameplay, online, and general game stability & improvements. Read on to find out more about what to expect when the download completes.

Content Updates:
  • Tuned play action blocking to be more effective.
  • Tuned kick return blocking to be more effective.
  • Tuned injuries to occur in more realistic percentages.
  • Tuned GameFlow play calling logic, including lesser chances of same / similar plays being called concurrently.
  • Tuned general defensive effectiveness, including locomotion improvements for defenders and miscellaneous pass coverage improvements
  • Fixed QB spy 'nano-blitz' exploit.
  • Fixed an issue in online team play that allowed defensive captains to force offensive captains in to a no-huddle situation
  • Fixed crash bug that was introduced that could occur for some PS3 gamers that were using "My Skill" setting.
  • Fixed bug that didn't allow gamers to invite friends to ranked games. Now this is 100% allowed.
  • Added new alternate uniforms for Colts and Patriots.
  • Corrected a feedback issue related to stat tracking when a player quit during the first half of an online game
  • Fixed an issue in Madden Moments LIVE related to stat tracking for those who used the "Play Again" option after completing the game.
  • Added multiple stability fixes across a variety of game modes.
We hope the updates you see above released with title update 3 will give you everything you need to keep Madden NFL 11 in your disc tray for weeks and months to come. See you on the gridiron!

Source - Madden NFL 11 Blog
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

Last edited by EmmittSmithx22x; 09-23-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 05:16 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden Patch 1.03 Available for Download!

finally !!

havent actually tried to download it yet but a few users are being prompted to download it so i might aswell go and try it !!

woooooooo
Old 09-23-2010, 05:18 AM   #3
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifixx
finally !!

havent actually tried to download it yet but a few users are being prompted to download it so i might aswell go and try it !!

woooooooo
I was very suprised to see them sneak it in at 1am. But I guess that's a normal update time since there is low internet and game traffic. Hopefully, these improvements....for lack of a better term. "improve" gameplay lol!

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

Old 09-23-2010, 05:21 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Haha...I thought they might, so I decided to stay up.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:24 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

FWIW, I'm on PS3 downloading it now, 88 MB. No idea about the 360 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 05:36 AM   #6
Rookie

emac444's Arena

OVR: 5

The Patch does seem to make the game a little more fluid. . Still not better than NCAA though
Old 09-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who's dead last in offense in his online franchise before the patch (that means I really suck):

I can definitely see a difference in the Zone D after just a short time in practice mode, even on default all-pro. They just seem to shade the WR's entering their zone better, more than anything. I found myself taking coverage sacks because I simply could not make a throw I was confident in - that didn't happen very often pre-patch. Better WR's can still beat their coverage though - it got a lot easier when I switched off the Broncos and chose the Colts.

I'm not sure if Man D has been tweaked or not, but I thought it was already pretty good pre-patch. I'll wait for the full patch notes on that one.

I'm letting a CPU game run right now (random matchup - Redskins @ Raiders) - I'll post the stats if anyone's interested. I'm thinking the scores should come way down just from the Zone D boost, independent of the other changes. CPU scores were usually through the roof pre-patch - 40's were not uncommon.

Edit: LOL Wow....around 50 yards of total offense between both teams in the first quarter!

Last edited by bcruise; 09-23-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:11 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Keep in mind this is coming from someone who's dead last in offense in his online franchise before the patch (that means I really suck):

I can definitely see a difference in the Zone D after just a short time in practice mode, even on default all-pro. They just seem to shade the WR's entering their zone better, more than anything. I found myself taking coverage sacks because I simply could not make a throw I was confident in - that didn't happen very often pre-patch. Better WR's can still beat their coverage though - it got a lot easier when I switched off the Broncos and chose the Colts.

I'm not sure if Man D has been tweaked or not, but I thought it was already pretty good pre-patch. I'll wait for the full patch notes on that one.

I'm letting a CPU game run right now (random matchup - Redskins @ Raiders) - I'll post the stats if anyone's interested. I'm thinking the scores should come way down just from the Zone D boost, independent of the other changes. CPU scores were usually through the roof pre-patch - 40's were not uncommon.

Edit: LOL Wow....around 50 yards of total offense between both teams in the first quarter!
And im getting alittle more excited about the patch. Im hoping Defense gets like NCAA b4 all the patches made NCAA defense weak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »