Home

Madden NFL 11 Patch 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Patch 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #9
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden Patch 1.03 Available for Download!

Ok, just played my first gamed post patch (PS3) sorry 360 people, should have specified

But here are my impressions:

1)The game feels more fluid
2)You will never miss a FG ever in your life with how slow the kicking meter is.
3)Pass Defense feels more responsive at times, but for the most part, you can still get what you want.
4)Every Kick Return when I took it out of the Endzone i got to the 20yardline plus with Jordy Nelson (87 speed). So they really dumbed down the KR D and beefed up the blocking...Allows for more big plays. Not to thrilled with this
5)Breaking tackles seem to be alittle less frequent. but not much

Overall: The patch helps. But It wasn't game changing really. It will help you make some more stops on D at times Maybe. But... For the most part you can still get what you want. And if you don't believe me that you will never miss a FG ever again. Try kicking one for your self. You can literally start the meter. Type up a half page review and be back just in time to hit the FG.

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

Old 09-23-2010, 06:34 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmittSmithx22x
Ok, just played my first gamed post patch (PS3) sorry 360 people, should have specified

But here are my impressions:

1)The game feels more fluid
2)You will never miss a FG ever in your life with how slow the kicking meter is.
3)Pass Defense feels more responsive at times, but for the most part, you can still get what you want.
4)Every Kick Return when I took it out of the Endzone i got to the 20yardline plus with Jordy Nelson (87 speed). So they really dumbed down the KR D and beefed up the blocking...Allows for more big plays. Not to thrilled with this
5)Breaking tackles seem to be alittle less frequent. but not much

Overall: The patch helps. But It wasn't game changing really. It will help you make some more stops on D at times Maybe. But... For the most part you can still get what you want. And if you don't believe me that you will never miss a FG ever again. Try kicking one for your self. You can literally start the meter. Type up a half page review and be back just in time to hit the FG
What level were you playing on? The difficulty affects the speed of the kick meter, and it is very slow on Pro/Rookie.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:38 AM   #11
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
What level were you playing on? The difficulty affects the speed of the kick meter, and it is very slow on Pro/Rookie.
Edit: It seems as though the kicking meter Online on All-Madden and the kicking Meter Offline for All-Madden might be different now? I am not sure, because I only tested it Online on All-Madden and the Meter was Extremely slow. They said that they fixed connectivity issues with the kick meter, maybe that was the way they would address it? make it so slow that even lag couldn't make it any slower? lol

But,
I played my friend on All-Madden Difficulty online. I figured that would be the best way to really put the patch to the test. Thats when I noticed the kick meter was going .0002 miles per hour.

OS
VETS Madden League:

Last edited by EmmittSmithx22x; 09-23-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 06:49 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmittSmithx22x
Edit: The kicking Meter for online might be different from offline because they said they fixed kicking meter lag issues. and boy did they. IT IS SUPER SLOW online. I haven't tried offline, so they might have left it the same.

But,
All-Madden in an online unranked game with a friend. The kicking meter was soooooooooooooooooooooooosllllooooooooooooowwwwwww
wow thats how they fix the lag problem by making it so easy a ****** couldnt mess it up wow EA plz not again they fixe one problem and create another one

if its a slow as u say it is no one is gonna miss fgs online anymore nice and authentic
Old 09-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #13
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
wow thats how they fix the lag problem by making it so easy a ****** couldnt mess it up wow EA plz not again they fixe one problem and create another one

if its a slow as u say it is no one is gonna miss fgs online anymore nice and authentic
EDIT: Just played another All-Madden Game, and yes. The kick meter is Really that slow...I am sorry to report. From now on....You will never miss a FG ever again... :/

OS
VETS Madden League:

Last edited by EmmittSmithx22x; 09-23-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #14
Rookie

magnusjolnaes's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Just for interests sake, could anybody have a look and report back whether the tackle stat in franchise has been fixed?

Just wanted to know, I already sold the game as I just couldn't take it anymore...I certainly wish all game developers had the passion for their own games 2k is showing with nba 2k11.
Yeah, they didn't fix it. I can't believe it.
Colorado Rockies
Colorado Avalanche
Old 09-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Fun game to watch, went right down to the wire. Stats aren't that great (aside from them being MUCH lower), but remember this is with no slider changes. This is a very abbreviated box score - I just filled in the most important parts. Total plays were extremely low at 89 - 11 minutes accelerated wasn't enough. So the stats might have been a bit higher in a full length game, but I don't think the score would be that different:
NFL Scoreboard - Washington Redskins (0-0) at Oakland Raiders (0-0)
September 23, 20101234F
Washington Redskins0031013
Oakland Raiders370717
Top Performers
Washington Redskins - Stats
Oakland Raiders - Stats
Team Stats Comparison
WASOAK
First Downs1111
3rd Down Efficiency5-123-8
4th Down Efficiency00
Total Yards356319
Passing Yards211131
Rushing Yards23101
Penalties-Penalty Yards1-51-15
Turnovers10
Time of Possession25:2718:33
Scoring Summary
First QuarterWASOAK
OAK5:06Janikowsi FG03
Second QuarterWASOAK
OAK4:34M. Bush 4 Yd Run010
Third QuarterWASOAK
WAS2:27Gano FG310
Fourth QuarterWASOAK
WAS8:29L. Johnson 4 Yd Run1010
WAS1:52Gano FG1310
OAK:40D. McFadden 30 Yd Run1317
Washington Redskins
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Donovan McNabb22/3022501
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
Clinton Portis14211.40
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
Chris Cooley56112.20
Anthony Armstrong6579.50
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
Tyvon Branch9000
Richard Seymour3100
Nnamdi Asomugha5010
Oakland Raiders
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Jason Campbell13/2214400
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
Darren McFadden16835.11
Michael Bush42051
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
Chaz Schilens35016.60
Louis Murphy3206.60
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
Andre Carter6000
London Fletcher6000
Rocky McIntosh5100

One other bit of info - the longest play from scrimmage was a 39 - yard pass by McNabb. The second highest was McFadden's game-winning run. Everything else was below that, which means there were no huge plays in the entire game. I've never seen that at default settings (including 50 speed threshold) before this patch - EVER. That's why I don't think the score would have gotten much crazier in a full-length game. Every scoring drive was built around consistent offense and long drives - not the big play, and that was the best part about this whole game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
great thanks for the feedback!
I made the right choice selling then! Who wants to bet that the tackle stats will be wrong in next years revamped Madden 12 franchise?

When I watched the 49ers Saints game on Monday, seeing P Willis making those big tackles on Bush...man did it make me miss NFL 2k5, who had very similar tackle animations to how Willis's tackles looked. And considering how much love 2k is giving it's Nba series and listening to their community, and how awesome Nba 2k11 sounds, and plays (demo), who knows how good football game could have been around by now if the exclusive license didn't exist.

Madden 11 RIP
Roll on Nba 2k11

Don't hold your breath on that. After reading the latest interview with Ian Cummings in Game Informer....we ain't getting **** as far as a great deep offline or online Chise. If that ends up being the case no more Madden for me till it is addressed. If it never s...this will be my last Madden game. And that's ok because I could play this for years. I am having a bunch of fun with it.

Going to DL the patch. Looks like I will have to make some slider tweaks. I am curious about the Game planning play calling logic for the AI.

Last edited by Todem; 09-23-2010 at 07:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »