Home

NBA Elite 11 Video: ESPN Integration

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Video: ESPN Integration within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Elite 11 Video: ESPN Integration

How the hell did it take EA this long to do this? Anyways, presentation is stellar in the game
Old 09-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Everthing is great about elite
Old 09-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Nothing new really.

We all knew about this ESPN integration **** and now we've even played the demo.

This isn't a bad move by Elite 11 but even that isn't as good as NCAA Basketball 10 when it comes to Real TV presentation.

60 hours of recording??? so what??
NCAA Basketball 10 had Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery to mimic CBS presentation. I believe they spent similarly long hours too if not longer.

This ESPN commentary and overlay (NOT a total integration because pre-game or halftime or even postgame shows are missing) are okay.

although ESPN overlay is something that can even be made by anyone for a PC game - so not a huge deal.

So we can basically say what they did was putting in some work to add some new commentary. That's about it.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #20
Rookie

By this time next year, after poor sales of Elite 11,

EA is going to have hard time to get Breen, Jackson and Van Gundy involved in Elite 12 again to extend their commentary library as these guys won't wanna be a part of something that has failed or is going to fail again.

Honestly, I think ESPN integration is good for EA's sake but not so much for ESPN's sake. ESPN won't wanna look 2nd best especially when 2K series is on its path to imitate TNT broadcast.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:48 PM   #21
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

I will say this, those three enjoy what they do.....if not they sure fooled me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
This is probably the ONLY thing on Elite that i wish was on NBA 2k11
Old 09-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #23
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

I sazw nothing in that video that leads me to think "They nailed presentation". The fact that they only showed them recording lines and not actual in game commentary leads me to believe commentary is no better than any other EA game. I mean a whole video dedicated to ESPN integration, anbd they didn't show any integration. Congrats Elite, you have a little thin that pops up that says ESPN Tuesday or Friday or Christmas, and you have an ESPN overlay at the bottom, but outside of that, there is nothing. Typical EA hype man. Im calling them out. Why show them in the booth at all? why not show in game commentary. Its the same as that Madden video where it was actually Gus Johnson calling a madden game as opposed to In Game commentary. They hid that stuff cause it was pedestrian. Yeah those announcers sounded good when they recorded it, but Im not holding my breath on how it all sounds in game cause EA, time and time again, proves they are incapable of getting good commentary in their games.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #24
Rookie

i loved this feature in ncaa with the espn/cbs presentation.... but didnt really enjoy it much since im more of a nba fan... im loving the commentary in the demo and i cant wait to play the retail

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »