Home

Additional Thoughts on NBA Elite 11 Delay (Kotaku, Pastapadre, NLSC)

This is a discussion on Additional Thoughts on NBA Elite 11 Delay (Kotaku, Pastapadre, NLSC) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
Banned

tomzenns's Arena

OVR: 25
For the "WTF" moments in the video where the person playing can't figure out how to pass or shoot or inbound the ball...thats not Elites fault. Thats the fault of ignorant gamers who are too lazy to read a few instructions.

I think the controls are killer, but I'm assuming most gamers are like hard nosed Republicans when it comes to this, they don't wan't to change, and don't care about changing.

The true issues lay in many many other areas of this game, not to mention the Franchise mode from last year (bad). But the dude playing the game and can't figure it out is not a reason. There is only 9 buttons on the controller, and a tutorial in the demo. In the words of Chris Carter...C'MON MAN.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 14
I agree with the community about every NBA Elite 11 shortcomming. But I disagree that they should drop everything that was done in favour of returning to the ways of Live 10.

I loved Live 10 to death, but I haven't been able to enjoy it that much after having a taste of the new controls. I keep wondering what a fully developed NBA Elite could become. I still hope they release it in January.

Luckly we still have NBA 2K11, a potential Game of the Year.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #11
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Great write ups. Different points of view was needed. I think NBA Elite needs to return without gimmicks and just deliver a knockout basketball game with FULL features. There is no time for them to half-step here...the controls need to feel responsive and player models MUST look like next-gen player models. The presentation has to be more than just banner swipes...and most importantly NBA ELite must play like BASKETBALL. They have the extra time to do so and I hope they deliver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 32
I am not a fanboy of either title. I simply prefer a game that is A. fun to play and B. actually resembles the sport it is trying to emulate as closely as possible. That being said and was so eloquently pointed out here on OS a few weeks or so ago - I realize making games like this is hard. So, I do believe EA is doing the right thing and hitting the reset button internally and pulling a "do over" in terms of getting this one right. 2K, congrats on another superb year of BBall. EA, I hope to see you guys next year with a totally blow us out of the water NBA game the rivals anything 2K has done or will ever do. We all know competition in gaming makes winners out of us all (the consumer) so props to EA for at least attempting to make the best out of a tremendously tough choice.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Additional Thoughts on NBA Elite 11 Delay (Kotaku, Pastapadre, NLSC)

It was obviously a mistake to release a demo with a gamebreaking glitch. You can find a bunch of them on the marketplace (I just tried the Dante's Inferno demo and was hit with one on my first play) but the whole nature of NBA games and how seriously some take their brand loyalty meant people were already going into the demo looking for flaws. Now we have a bunch of writeups pointing to the one youtube video with a glitch that wasn't even in the final game.

I don't know how this will all turn out (ideally with an Elite 12 game capable of pushing 2K next fall) but i'm always annoyed when stuff like one glitch (hardly an unprecedented one) gets blown up to degree it has.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:10 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
It was obviously a mistake to release a demo with a gamebreaking glitch. You can find a bunch of them on the marketplace (I just tried the Dante's Inferno demo and was hit with one on my first play) but the whole nature of NBA games and how seriously some take their brand loyalty meant people were already going into the demo looking for flaws. Now we have a bunch of writeups pointing to the one youtube video with a glitch that wasn't even in the final game.

I don't know how this will all turn out (ideally with an Elite 12 game capable of pushing 2K next fall) but i'm always annoyed when stuff like one glitch (hardly an unprecedented one) gets blown up to degree it has.
LOL TO BE HONEST MAN I DON'T KNOW HOW A LOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE CAN REALLY TRY TO BACK UP EA FOR THE POORLY PUT TOGETHER DEMO AND GAME THEY WAS ABOUT TO PUT OUT THIS YEAR. WHEN 2K PUT OUT THERE DEMO 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE RELEASE DATE (WITH NO GLITCHES MIGHT I ADD FROM MY TIME PLAYING IT ON THE 360) THERE WERE REALLY NO COMPLAINTS NOR BAD FEED BACK, 2K REALLY HANDED US A GOOD PRODUCT THAT'S ALMOST PERFECT IN EVERYWAY. AND WHEN I PLAYED ELITE, COME ON MY DUDE THEY WENT BACK TO LIVE 98 ON ME WITH THAT ONE. THE ONLY THING I KIND OF LIKED ON THAT WAS THE DRIBBLING SYSTEM. AND FAR AS THE GLITCH YOUR TALKING ABOUT THAT'S NOT THE REASON WHY THIS IS GETTING BLOWN UP. ITS THE GAME ITS SELF. NOT TO GET ON YOUR BAD SIDE BUT JUST MY THOUGHT ON THE SITUATION. I USE TO BE A LIVE FAN UNTIL LIVE 07 CAME OUT. THAT ONE WAS BS TO ME ALL UNREAL ACTIONS AND SO MANY GLITCHES. 2K IN MY OPINION HAS BEEN ON POINT WITH A LOT OF THE GAME PLAY AND EVERYTHING THAT COMES WIT IT.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 12
This move is for the best and I'm not seeing it as a let down. I firmly belive that EA sports "sooner or later" will make a move to get back in the nba money. The time away will only make them stronger "hopefully" and like the other blog said "2k has to bare the burden of being alone" Theres going to be no "oh 2k sucks but at least its better than live/elite" any more. The pressure after this year will be on 2K Sports. As of right now October 5, 2010 NBA 2K11 is tighiiiiiiit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #16
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Additional Thoughts on NBA Elite 11 Delay (Kotaku, Pastapadre, NLSC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid

Their problem is it was worse than just a bad demo. The demo was just the end of the straw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »