Home

OS Radio Show Tonight -- CANCELLED!!

This is a discussion on OS Radio Show Tonight -- CANCELLED!! within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
I saw this coming. Next step for EA will be issuing gag orders for all devs.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: OS Radio Show Tonight at 9PM EST! NBA Elite Developer Q&A!!

Bad news. If the show is done anyways, are you going to talk about EA NBA future, suggestion on what needs to get done for Elite 12 so rEAnimator can respond in this topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
As usual, I get my news first on OS!
That's ...weird.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #19
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: OS Radio Show Tonight at 9PM EST! NBA Elite Developer Q&A!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Show is scheduled for an hour.

But if you haven't heard (aka you don't follow me on Twitter) EA's PR is preventing rEAnimator from coming onto the show.

Apparently the Sim Nation and hardcore sports gamer is not important to the higher ups at EA after all.

I'll have a decision on whether we spend an hour basically ripping EA or not later on this afternoon.
I understand it from your point of view but really what company would let their people do this?
Old 09-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
I understand it from your point of view but really what company would let their people do this?
Huh? What company would let a developer participate in a show to answer questions and defuse negative reaction towards a game? My guess is many. Gamespot, G4, and opertationsports frequently have developers pitch their game and answer questions.

This is bad move by EA and puts Reanimator in an even worse situation. Sorry reanimator, sometimes the company we work for doesn't always represent the same ideals as we ourselves carry. Class act coming on these forums, answering questions. I might not like the game (as currently constituted) but I respect you for your efforts.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:01 PM   #21
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Every other company on earth would probably do this to try to restore a horribly broken image. PR stands for Public Relations, not (lack of) public relations
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #22
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sorry guys, the show tonight is canceled. We've already done a show largely on Elite this week and I really don't want to do another without the developers on board to answer your questions. You can read the original post for the full details.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #23
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: OS Radio Show Tonight -- CANCELLED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the croz 1027
Huh? What company would let a developer participate in a show to answer questions and defuse negative reaction towards a game? My guess is many. Gamespot, G4, and opertationsports frequently have developers pitch their game and answer questions.

This is bad move by EA and puts Reanimator in an even worse situation. Sorry reanimator, sometimes the company we work for doesn't always represent the same ideals as we ourselves carry. Class act coming on these forums, answering questions. I might not like the game (as currently constituted) but I respect you for your efforts.

FYI.....those interviews on G4, Gametrailers, IGN, etc are SCRIPTED. Game companies know in advance what the questions are going to be and therefore are given a carefully worded statement on how to answer the question.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #24
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: OS Radio Show Tonight -- CANCELLED!!

You should just post all the questions you had line up for him so rEA can answer them.

Workarounds rule.

I hadn't listened to your show before, but this would've been enough for me to finally listen to one. Shame.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »