Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Video: Manchester United vs. Lyon

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Video: Manchester United vs. Lyon within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Video: Manchester United vs. Lyon

Gamersyde has posted a new Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 video featuring Manchester United vs. Lyon.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
This is the first time I will buy PES for the PS3 rather than my 360. The demo has such low resolution with jaggies. Is there a difference bewteen the 360 and PS3 with jagged edges?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Video: Manchester United vs. Lyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
This is the first time I will buy PES for the PS3 rather than my 360. The demo has such low resolution with jaggies. Is there a difference bewteen the 360 and PS3 with jagged edges?
Not starting a console war but I've always thought that the same game looks better on the 360. I've noticed it with FIFA, NCAA Fball, and College Hoops 2K8. It's why I really want to see the 360 demo.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
Again PES videos make me wonder how people buy it over FIFA. The UEFA presentation was absolutely amazing in this video and destroys anything that FIFA has produced ever, but the gameplay for me is just dreadful. The players movements are choppy and drastic almost with each turn, regardless of how severe it is and again it seems as if you can just sprint to space down the sidelines and whip in a cross. I wish that FIFA could add some of the things PES has because they are by far better with some of their presentations, but when it comes down to gameplay, FIFA still is the best.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
Again PES videos make me wonder how people buy it over FIFA. The UEFA presentation was absolutely amazing in this video and destroys anything that FIFA has produced ever, but the gameplay for me is just dreadful. The players movements are choppy and drastic almost with each turn, regardless of how severe it is and again it seems as if you can just sprint to space down the sidelines and whip in a cross. I wish that FIFA could add some of the things PES has because they are by far better with some of their presentations, but when it comes down to gameplay, FIFA still is the best.
What I don't understand is how anyone could say the presentation isn't better in PES. The UEFA CL sponsorship is just fantastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

That Champions League opening is amazing. Gameplay looks better here than in the demo. What I think is funny, though, is that you always hear about how great the build up play and back passing is in PES, and that you are rewarded for playing smart football. Yet in that video (I only watched the first half), I didn't see the user controlled team do anything but bust the ball to the wings, whip in crosses or try ridiculous through balls, let alone a single back pass...LOL!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12

the reason i buy PES over fifa is if i am controlling a MF the rest of my defense will execute our planned tactics, unlike the brain dead AI in fifa for the user which will never make a tackle with out you personally making it

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 10-06-2010, 11:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
the reason i buy PES over fifa is if i am controlling a MF the rest of my defense will execute our planned tactics, unlike the brain dead AI in fifa for the user which will never make a tackle with out you personally making it
That's not true. I've seen plenty of AI tackles done for me so far this year in FIFA. The back line is still stupid in other areas, but I've seen them make plenty of tackles for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »