Home

Virgin Gaming, 2K Sports & GameStop Announce NBA 2K11 $50000 Online Launch Tournament

This is a discussion on Virgin Gaming, 2K Sports & GameStop Announce NBA 2K11 $50000 Online Launch Tournament within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Virgin Gaming, 2K Sports & GameStop Announce NBA 2K11 $50000 Online Launch Tournament

VIRGIN GAMING, 2K SPORTS AND GAMESTOP PARTNER TO GIVE GAMERS THE CHANCE TO WIN $50,000 WITH THE NBA® 2K11 ONLINE LAUNCH TOURNAMENT

Shut Down the Competition and Secure a Seat in the Finals At the Virgin Gaming Red Room in Las Vegas

TORONTO, CA, October 6, 2010 – Bragging rights are officially on the line as Virgin GamingTM, 2K SportsTM and GameStopTM begin their search for the best Ballers on PlayStation® 3 to compete for $50,000 in cash prizes in their new NBA®2K11 Online Launch Tournament.

Beginning November 5, 2010, gamers can register at www.VirginGaming.com/NBA2K11 to compete in NBA 2K11 and attempt to move up the Virgin Gaming leaderboards to secure a spot as one of the top 256 players. Once the field is established, the pressure gets ratcheted up as those with the best game look to snare a coveted spot in the finals. The top eight players will then get whisked to the Virgin Gaming Red Room in Las Vegas where they will square off face-to-face and compete to claim the $25,000 grand prize and the bragging rights as the best NBA 2K11 Baller in the country.

Open to all eligible competitors in the United States, fans who purchase a copy of NBA 2K11 for PlayStation 3 at GameStop will receive an in-pack code for entry into the NBA 2K11 Online Launch Tournament. Complete tournament details can be found online at www.VirginGaming.com/NBA2K11.

“While I may not have been blessed with the physical attributes or abilities to compete in the NBA, I can break some ankles with my cross-over move in NBA 2K11,” said Zachary Zeldin, Vice President and Co-Founder of Virgin Gaming. “We’re very excited to be working with both 2K Sports and GameStop to give the Virgin Gaming community the opportunity to prove that they’re the best on the virtual court in one of the most competitively played games on the tournament scene.”

“We value the strong communities that have developed around our products and are always considering new and exciting ways to support them,” said Jason Argent, Vice President of Marketing at 2K Sports. “Virgin Gaming’s platform, tournament expertise and unrivaled prize structure gives us another great mechanism to recognize our fans, and we can’t wait to present the prize money to the winners.”

2K Sports is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).

About Virgin Gaming
Introduced in June 2010, Virgin Gaming is the premier destination for competitive console gamers to meet, challenge and play in head-to head and tournament challenges for cash, points and prizes. With an array of proprietary features, including a Fair Play GuaranteeTM (with automatic results validation), a secure payment back end, and a Community Reputation Management System, Virgin Gaming allows gamers of all skill levels from around the world to safely and easily compete in some of their favorite multiplayer games. A leading-edge convergence of competitive online gaming and video games, Virgin Gaming offers robust community features with member pages, clan support, invitational tournaments, stats tracking, news, information, and more. For additional information, visit http://VirginGaming.com.

No Purchase Necessary
A purchase or payment of any kind will not improve your chances of winning. Open to legal U.S. residents, excluding residents of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota and Vermont, who are 18 years of age or older. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Tournament runs from November 5, 2010 at 12:01 am ET to February 20, 2011 at 11:59 pm ET, and will include a tournament qualifying period, semi-finals and a final round. Entry and Prize restrictions apply. For prizes, odds of winning and other details go to Official Tournament Rules at VirginGaming.com/NBA2K11. These condensed rules, and the full rules as contained within this website, supersede all previous versions of rules written and/or published for the Tournament.
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Virgin Gaming, 2K Sports & GameStop Announce NBA 2K11 $50000 Online Launch Tourna

people, bump this up. don't you want 50k? lol.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Virgin Gaming, 2K Sports & GameStop Announce NBA 2K11 $50000 Online Launch Tourna

Bah.

The article you pulled it from clearly came from Toronto, yet I'm not eligible.

I blame Richard Branson.

I will accept one of your jets as an apology.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
2 problems with this...

problem 1: not on 360
problem 2: didn't buy from gamestop
Old 10-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9
Thumbs down Re: Virgin Gaming, 2K Sports & GameStop Announce NBA 2K11 $50000 Online Launch Tourna

Is the 360 getting a tourney????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
Rookie

NYCDaFuture's Arena

OVR: 1

Imma win dis one fo ps3 n da real one fo 360 allstar challenge.. Ghost

https://Youtube.com/NYCDaFuture

https://www.tiktok.com/@nycthefuture

https://twitter.com/NYCDaFuture_

https://discord.gg/sqTtZpY
Old 10-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Damn that sucks that Canada is not included. Maybe next time..
Old 10-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Niceeee!!! I remember when they did the NBA 2K5 tournament. it was a mess, People were doing atrocious amounts of cheesing lol haha this was back when they had the double team glitch amongst others.

Im proud to say i made it all the way to the semi finals that year without playing cheese. i had to forfeit my last game because i had earthlink at the time and my internet went out haha

anyways this is a whole new ball game... gonna buy the game for ps3 so i can give it a shot this year

Last edited by JasonC1363; 10-07-2010 at 03:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »