Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Review

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Review within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #9
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-11-ultimate-team-free/

Boom.
Nice...thanks.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
I bought FIFA and I'm struggling like I always do with the difficulty. One thing that would be a cool addition is opponent defensive and offensive difficulties cos on the easier levels I can shut out the comp easily and score meaning I win mos tof the time but on higher levels I let in a few goals but can't seem to break the defence down.

Defenders have always been a bit overpowered in FIFA, I like the way in pes you can run at your opponent but then a balance between he two would be perfect
Old 10-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 3
If foul calls are related to the particular ref, and their style, I think that would be a way to make the game seem more realistic. One thing I don't like about our sports sims is that while the players may drop a pass, boot a grounder or shank a free kick, the officiating is always precise and correct (mostly...I guess Madden may have added some missed calls for the coaches challenge). Some refs are lenient, some are strict in real life; if that comes through in the game great...learn your officials and learn what you can get away with or when you have to play clean. I've only played one game thus far...did hear Tyler mention the ref by name which I think may be a first for the series.
coach
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #12
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by squadron supreme
I totally agree with you about the tackling. The standing tackle takes the ball away the vast majority of the time now matter how good at tackling your opponent is. You combine that with the fact that teams can pressure you for an entire game and not see a stamina decrease makes it very difficult to create through the middle even with top playmakers(Xavi, Sneijder, Fabregas). I hope either through a patch or next years fifa they correct these two issues that have plagued the series for years.
This.

It's ridiculous. I haven't touched the game in days and that's not normal for me. Hopefully they can patch it/tune it or whatever they are calling it these days.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
"I broke up the play and the offensive player went down. Naturally, the whistle blew. While mentally preparing myself to defend the PK, I was surprised to see the ball coming out." As you most likely know, with every foul other than a handball the referee plays advantage automatically until he brings play back or lets it go. What you experienced seems that either the ref played advantage or didn't call a foul on you, and in the process of falling to ground, the CPU player's arm/hand hit the ball and was called for a handball. This has happened for me a few times and while in real life the first foul would be what gets called, it is a minor setback in the game and doesn't happen too much that it is a problem. As for your bit about the tackling, I think they have it pretty close to real life as it is. Now players cannot just hold down the A button with disregard for negative consequences as this can now result in missed tackles, fouls, cards and even the CPU making you look foolish now that they use the skill moves. At the same time though, doing this can still be effective to stay tight to an opponent. In real life if you hold onto the ball too long and someone is very close, it isn't too hard to just poke the ball away and thats how the game is. if you hold the ball too long in close proximity to a defender without doing anything special with the ball (shield, skill move, get rid of it) it's bound to be poked away. Also, shielding in this iteration of FIFA is much improved and a very useful tool when tracking down loose balls.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:17 AM   #14
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
I really don't agree with this review. It's a step back from FIFA10 IMHO. Crosses is a clear bug and very easy to score from...if you need goals just keep on crossing the ball into the area and you will definetly score plenty of goals.

Look at the link below, if the official fifa forums is so devided on this game and almost half of them want to go back to PES then clearly it says a lot about this years game.

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/300/17401.page
Old 10-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #15
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
I agree with R9NALD9. I just can't get into the FIFA series anymore, after playing PES for so many years now.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »