Home

IceBreaker Talk Heats Up Again, Confirmed in Behind the Scenes Video

This is a discussion on IceBreaker Talk Heats Up Again, Confirmed in Behind the Scenes Video within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #25
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
I will buy this I liked backbreaker this won't be as difficult a sell as people will think.
NHL Lisc. is cheap should get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: IceBreaker Talk Heats Up Again, Confirmed in Behind the Scenes Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillHammer
I think they will have their work cut out for them, especially if they do not get an NHL licence. Hockey isn't exactly popular in England, so they probably would not have as much knowledge of the game as a north American studio.
There is no truth to that at all. I am from America, but could know more about Cricket than anyone in the world if I wanted to.

― Plato
Old 10-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Those of us who know hockey in the UK, know hockey. I am trying to get my 3 year old playing for a youth set up in the South East and was quite surprised by how many options there actually were.

There is lots of interest over here, but unfortunately it is buried by the popularity of Football (Soccer) especially when it comes to coverage. I really thought they could of used the Winter Olympics to push the sport over here, instead they buried it (even the final) on an interactive channel on the BBC, basically you would only find the games if you really wanted to watch them.

I would love one of our regular TV channels to pick up the rights to the leagues here, even if it was a weekly round up show. As it is, we might get 1 game a week from the Elite League on Sky Sports 4.

Hockey is the best sport in the world and for a nation that love Football (Soccer) I would of thought everything about hockey would get us interested. But alas, we'd rather watch a bunch of pansies fall over when tripped by a blade of grass.

Hopefully Lucas will make some history and go one step further than Tony Hand :P
Old 10-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #28
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
This is good as long as it has a broadcast cam. I'm getting sick n tired of the non broadcast cam movement recently...
im all for options, and believe every games should have the option to play the way they want, but for most video games a broadcast camera doesnt work for playablilty purposes. trying to set up an offense in hockey or football would be samn near impossible with a side to side camera. i feel for football they should show more plays from the "video game" view, when they go to replay and show the rb hitting the finding and hitting the hole, its from the behind the offoense camera. when they show a qb finding holes in the coverage, its from the behind the offense camera. most of the game should be broadcast from this camera, not just replays.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #29
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
On this game they should have mutilple camera angles. But I still love close behind camera
Old 10-13-2010, 12:24 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 17
No thanks. BB proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that a physics engine does not a sports game make. And like many have said, there was plenty wrong with how Euphoria actually works in that game. They should get their football product at least somewhat squared away before they try and venture into other sports.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 8

Unless they do something radically different I really don't think they can get enough of the market share away from EA and if 2K returns.

The demo would have to blow me away for me to even consider purchasing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #32
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
No thanks. BB proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that a physics engine does not a sports game make. And like many have said, there was plenty wrong with how Euphoria actually works in that game. They should get their football product at least somewhat squared away before they try and venture into other sports.
booooo lol..

noway, the more hockey the better for us hockey gamers. if they can snag the nhl license etc that would be awesome. heck i would by it without it anyway lol..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »