Home

THQ and Zuffa, LLC Extend Exclusive UFC Videogame License Through 2018

This is a discussion on THQ and Zuffa, LLC Extend Exclusive UFC Videogame License Through 2018 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #9
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: THQ and Zuffa, LLC Extend Exclusive UFC Videogame License Through 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Why does the weaker develper/publisher always get these exclusives?
The really strange part is that ea is actually the 1 making the stronger game but being squeezed by thq. But after 2k5, and MVP disappearing due to exclusives, it would be a shame if mma also gets lost in this shuffle.
I agree, but it's not like the UFC game was complete garbage. I think they have something they can fix (it totally had issues, not debating that one bit). I'm just saying it's not like NBA Live or whatnot where the game is absolutely atrocious.

I have no problem with this, not gonna feel bad at all for EA missing out on this (and they blew it by ripping MMA to Dana himself).
Old 10-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Why does the weaker develper/publisher always get these exclusives?
The really strange part is that ea is actually the 1 making the stronger game but being squeezed by thq. But after 2k5, and MVP disappearing due to exclusives, it would be a shame if mma also gets lost in this shuffle.
I disagree. I still like UFC better than tha EA MMA from what I've seen.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: THQ and Zuffa, LLC Extend Exclusive UFC Videogame License Through 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Also, while EA MMA is a much better game, it has zero buzz and I doubt it will sell that well. THQ has a much better chance of being around in 2018 than EA's MMA game does w/o the UFC license.
I am sorry i am going to disagree with this EA game is not much better game people are just disappointed UU2010 more than EA creating a superior game.EA has some better stuff but as sim of MMA THQ ground game and clinch game fundamentally superior thus a more real game.

I am happy that EA brought out a worthy competitor which only push THQ to be better.THQ can improve online,KO and submission system but i high doubt EA can add deep complex ground system to their game as THQ game without messing up the other parts.Ground work for MMA game is strongly leaning towards UU.

If you doubt this just ask question which game would people a graphically update UU2009 with update roster and small 2010 tweaks(swaying and cage work) or EA game.I think it will be overwhelming UU.

I went out a bought EA MMA today so it not like i am EA basher but grappling game in Undisputed is leaps and bounds better,Stand up is solid to good UU.Anyways i like competition pushing each other me personally like two good MMA games on the market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4
That's THQ's burden; I'm loving EA MMA. It doesn't hurt that I'm a fan of Dream (and a lesser extent Strikeforce) than UFC, which is run by the Vince wannabe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »