Home

Community Feedback for Fight Night Champion

This is a discussion on Community Feedback for Fight Night Champion within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Community feedback for FN Champions

Have fun in Vancouver. I had a good time when I was up there. Beautiful city.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 24

I don't want the jab of Lennox Lewis to look like the jab of Pernell Whitaker.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #11
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I'm glad you mentioned presentation.

Please hammer this home. I don't care how much guys in the Madden community seem to sweep it aside...presentation is HUGE!!!! Thats what makes MLB The Show and NBA 2K11 so great.

And it would be nice to have a regular presentation like ESPN Friday Nihgt Fights. And then a PPV presentation. Kinda like UFC 2010 has two levels.

One more thing....Can you ask about getting title matches in exhibition this time? I'm not a Career Mode player so I never get to see championship matches. Or at least, give us the ability to play ANY match we want in Career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Am I late to the show? Did he leave yet

1. If you could, inquire about bringing the static camera back. The same thing you mentioned actually. It was in FN3 but was removed from 4. Thats a good camera view, gives you the feel like you're watching a boxing match on the tube. Same camera as EA MMA actually.

2. Inquire about the implementation of actual quick combo punches. As of now the punches are very slow compared to actual fights.

3. Please try to make sure they DONT remove the option to have your CABs show up in career mode. EA has a penchant for taking things out (static camera from Rnd3 anyone?) Would also like the option to watch the CPU bouts like fight cards or something.

Thanks. Enjoy the trip.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:40 PM   #13
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Please keep CABS in Career mode.
I'm very much in favor of a camera pulled farther out.
Career mode offline. Any details... Please let them know we want serious depth.
Presentation can't be said enough time. Full ring entrances. More atmosphere. Better crowds.
Create a Title, is it a possibility?
More options for CABs and plz give us a way to unlock all of the gear right away.
Stamina system needs a major overhaul. I dont even know where to start.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 10-25-2010, 08:57 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Have fun Phobia and represent well!

For me, I'd love to see you address the following issues:

1. More effective jabs.
2. Ratings for every punch.
3. More pop to the crosses.
4. Stamina for everything from punches to clinching to sway, bobs and weaves.
5. Offline career mode. I really want to see where they've gone with this. I'd love to see a lot more realistic training, diets, injuries and out-of-ring decisions such as managers, promoters, running a stable of fighters, etc.

Again, congrats on the invite and have a fun time! Enjoy the game!
Thanks Money, I can't wait should be a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Have fun out there Phobia!

Bring back as much as you can.
Will do Steve, got the camera ready. Detailed trip log with pictures will follow when I return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
I want realism, presentation, details to the sport of boxing, depth, total customization, tendencies, abilities, arm fatigue, options, boxers shold fht like who hy should be, unlimited CAB slots, and a detail CAB Mode.
I got your PM's shakyr and will go over many of these issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Have fun in Vancouver. I had a good time when I was up there. Beautiful city.
Yea Pappy it should be tight. Never been but heard it is really beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I'm glad you mentioned presentation.

Please hammer this home. I don't care how much guys in the Madden community seem to sweep it aside...presentation is HUGE!!!! Thats what makes MLB The Show and NBA 2K11 so great.

And it would be nice to have a regular presentation like ESPN Friday Nihgt Fights. And then a PPV presentation. Kinda like UFC 2010 has two levels.

One more thing....Can you ask about getting title matches in exhibition this time? I'm not a Career Mode player so I never get to see championship matches. Or at least, give us the ability to play ANY match we want in Career mode.
Yea Statum this is one of my big areas. I am a huge 2k fan in general. Mainly because their presentation is pretty much always top notch. NBA2k11 really showed how blurring the line between real life and video game is possible. All our popular sports franchises should be at this level with no problem right now. Yet very few are. Copy the TV camera angles, camera cuts, fake commercials ala NBA2k11, and represent them in the game the same way they appear on TV. I don't understand why developers can't get this right. Should not be much harder than contacting the TV stations such as ESPN.

But anyway, I could go into that for a while. I will be pushing presentation hard. With gameplay being #1.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

First post updated with new screen shot of Champion

Last edited by Phobia; 10-25-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Latest Blog
http://www.easports.com/blogs/produc...sion-oct-28-29

Quote:
FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION Feedback Session Oct 28-29
25-October-2010

This week the FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION development team will be hosting a community feedback session bringing in seven hardcore gamers to get their hands-on an early version of the game. With the game slated for release in 2011, the team is hard at work implementing new features and this session will allow them to get some first hand feedback from guys representing a range of boxing gamers in the community.

fn_mt_com_eve_1280x720

As with previous feedback sessions, there will be information embargoes on main features in the game however the invites will get a chance to see the entire game and, in time, will be able to provide their own game and feature impressions. Following the session, however, they will be given the opportunity to share info on their visit along with their overall impressions of the game along with a couple new screenshots to share. Look for those next week.

Representing the EA SPORTS FIGHT NIGHT Forums, a majority of our moderating staff will be on hand with Quenton “xxreignmakaaxx” O’Neal, Anthony, “Indigo72” Lynn, and Rob “wepeeler” Smith making the trip to Vancouver. Ant also runs http://UntilTheNextRound.com a website devoted to amateur boxing and you can find Rob’s awesome videos on his YouTube page at http://wepeeler.tv.

Along with Rob, another returnee from FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4’s Community Event is Tyrone “Darxide” Kirk representing Max Boxing and is an admin on their forums. From Operation Sports, we’ll also have long-time forum member Derek “Phobia” Hernandez present to represent the rabid fans from the hardcore sports video game site.

Finally, we put out a call on our forums for community members to let us know why they should receive an invitation to the event and after receiving quite a number of detailed responses, we selected Justin “TERMINALD” Allen as the community representative. TERM is one of the top ranked players in the game and his skills will most definitely be put to use testing out gameplay aspects and we’ll be looking to see if we can get his thumbs up going forward.

Stay tuned for my recap of the event and let us know in the comments below what you hope to see in FIGHT

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »