Home

EA Sports MMA One and Done?

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA One and Done? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #9
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA Sports MMA One and Done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I figured it sold poorly, I was the only reserve at my Gamestop. In comparison, the manager said they had almost 100 reserves for UFC 2010.

It's a shame as it's a good groundwork for a franchise. Hopefully THQ steals the control scheme at least. LOL
THQ probably will.........but knowing them, you just never know. LOL!

I still have not played the full version, but hearing this, I smell a price drop very soon. I still have $15 off Gamer coupon from Best Buy for this game.......being a Silver RZ member, if the price drops in 45 days they will match it.

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 10-25-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Damn, this is a great title actually.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
I didn't buy the retail either (I'm not an MMA fan), but the control scheme is pretty nice in this game. That would probably be the deciding factor for me to get it in the future (after a price drop though).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #12
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

I knew I should have been patient and waited on a price drop. I knew this was comming. The best games/movies/projects always get ignored by the masses. When they do get embraced, the company/game ends up selling out and making a "mass appeal" arcade game (UFC 10).

I cant imagine the smile on Dana Whites face right now. EA insulted him, saw the sucess of the UFC game, wanted a piece of the pie, and now will be one and done on the MMA genre(and I assume lost money on the project). His ultimate revenge yet of course we as the consumer are the only ones to actually suffer.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
I knew I should have been patient and waited on a price drop. I knew this was comming. The best games/movies/projects always get ignored by the masses. When they do get embraced, the company/game ends up selling out and making a "mass appeal" arcade game (UFC 10).

I cant imagine the smile on Dana Whites face right now. EA insulted him, saw the sucess of the UFC game, wanted a piece of the pie, and now will be one and done on the MMA genre(and I assume lost money on the project). His ultimate revenge yet of course we as the consumer are the only ones to actually suffer.

Its EA's fault. They were close minded, didnt see the future and insulted Dana and the sport. They said it wasnt a sport. I find that funny especially coming from a company that produced Arena Football and College Baseball games.

I love EA MMA but anyone who thought this game would sell is crazy. There are only two recognizable fighters in this game to anyone except for hardcore MMA fans. Casual fans dont watch Strikeforce and thats why the casual fan wont buy this game.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3
This game is head and shoulders above UFC 2010. I do love everything about it, and will be shame to have this game cancelled when it is a gem of a game.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 25
THat sucks.....THQ isnt the company to be making a UFC game....Look what they did to UFC10? Destroyed it....Too bad...EAMMA is a quality title and is leaps and bounds above what UFC10 was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 12:03 PM   #16
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I doubt it be one and done, even with poor sales, EA has deep pockets and could absorb bad sales. I mean hell look at their street games, those sold poorly but they still sold it for 3 years straight.

It would be a shame though, THQ killed wrestling games when they got the WWE license for a long term contract years ago and they will do the same with MMA by having the UFC contract for long term.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »