Home

Community Feedback for Fight Night Champion

This is a discussion on Community Feedback for Fight Night Champion within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2010, 05:01 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Community Feedback for Fight Night Champion

I see tyson seems to have made it back into the game.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 39

“More questions to be asked at Community Day and things to look for”

1. Did you guys work on capturing the realistic tendencies, abilities, and attributes of each boxer? This is something I noticed a lot of sports games are doing, games like FIFA 2011, NBA 2K11, and UFC 2010 to say the least.

2.Speaking of tendencies. Will we have them and will we be able to adjust them through sliders?

3.Will the sliders return? They were a fan's favorite. Will there be more and will they actually add depth to cetain things within the game?

4.Will we have deep customization of the game in our hands?

5.Clinching: will we be able to utilize it like a real boxing match?

6.Real-time counters; will we see them?

7.Corner game; will the point system be gone?

8.Realistic swelling; will we get this?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

will there be one-punch knockouts online?
Old 10-26-2010, 04:51 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon4 Re: Community Feedback for Fight Night Champion

Is there going to be options of getting a promoter/promoters, eg thus determining who you can fight, and what belts you can fight for, and also money to make.
Secondly, a feature of being able to choose a trainer, eg your first trainer you have will only have limited knowledge, thus you will only be able to up your ratings to a specific level. And by signing up a new trainer, they may be better at training speed and agility, over another trainer who is more based on power and strength?
These two options alone would help with the longevity of the game, but knowing EA, they'll take a feature out of this years, and add it back next year as "new".
And has gameface improved, if its like last fight night = fail, if its like tiger woods = winner!
Finally, have they added the ref into the ring, how hard is it to do a high res ref inside the ring to break up the clutching extra, this little things would add so much to the game!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am hoping these issues would be addressed to make it more sim feel this year than the arcade stuff:

- Take away the goofy punch sounds, make it more realistic. The first Fight Night was way better. A punch is not a bazooka, or sonic boom, it's a wiff. It's like hearing a dorky shot gun with two guys colliding with helmets in football, it's just plain dumb and not the right sound. These guys have gloves on, it needs to sound like it
- Boxers need to feel alive with good foot movement and general manuevering, side stepping, as they still feel like rock em sock em robots. For example, Ali should not be evasive only because he has more speed to back away, he has amazing lateral movement, he's bouncing and swaying. I'm not feeling the bouncing. It's Mechwarrior action going on here
-Punches need to have some pop, should feel like they have pop, and we should see a lot more head pop with the jab.. Not just the computer's physic system determined the punch took away 0.5% damage from my head while his head stood there like a rock
- On the same note, there should be advance/retreat punches or defensive/offensive punches (elastic recoil is a good term)
- How about a lot more variety of animation in clinch action? A lot of variety of punches in real boxing can occur in the clinch. Knockdowns are possible.. how about bullying in the clinch? Like feeling Foreman's strength to body you up in the corner, Tyson getting an uppercut in close
- Game speed needs to go way up, have you guys seen a real life punch? Milliseconds v. seconds
- We need game speed and game tuning sliders like Madden/NBA 2k11
- Parries and blocking are okay, but the system is just way over the top arcadey. Remove the flash counter, change up the variance of perfect blocks using different outcomes. I should feel different timing with punch and counter windows.
- No more hook, body glitch spam punches.. Spamming has got to go. I want to be beat by an opponent who out boxed-strategized me, not punch spammed through a dumb EA glitch or because EA programmers wanted a way to secretly be in the Top 10 online
- Take note of NBA 2k11's animation variety. They got about 3,500? How about 5,000 animations for boxing?
- I'm hoping we will actually have a smart ranking system this year

Well, a start for my two cents. Geez, maybe I missed my calling.. I have a passion for sports gaming, so I'm up for hire EA! Seems like these concepts are pretty basic for boxing, so I'm crossing my fingers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #22
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarr43
- Parries and blocking are okay, but the system is just way over the top arcadey. Remove the flash counter
Yes please! All "fun" elements should be optional.

Also, any chance of simulation vs arcade mode? This way, all the "fun" elements could be reserved for the arcade mode: Flash counter, long counter windows, ragdoll knockdowns, ect.

Last edited by BezO; 10-26-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #23
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I loved FN4. I thought it was the best boxing game I have ever played. So any improvements are really gravey for me. The one thing I truly hope for though is like most everyone else a deep and immersive career mode. I thought presentation was pretty solid with the ring side commentry being really good and feeling very natural and flowing. I would like ESPN intergration (Friday nights fights) PPV championship fights, and the ability to play other bouts in career mode.

It's all about career mode. Game play was really good in FN4 and I loved the analog TPC system. it was not perfect but don't get away from that, just make it tighter. Make traning more fun and include diets, making weight, hiring trainers etc. And of course even more fighters than before, and keep the EA share feature. I loved being able to download all the Rocky fighters (Mr T, Apollo, Drago etc) Larry Homes, Leon Spinks so many classic and current fighters people made, great stuff.

Really look forward to this one!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Ok guys I got all the information I need. I also spent plenty of time with the game. I am heading out and won't be on OS for couple days. Not messing with bringing a laptop. So when I return on the 30th, I will share what I can with you guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »