Home

NCAA Football Wishlist Tournament at TheGamingTailgate

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Wishlist Tournament at TheGamingTailgate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football Wishlist Tournament at TheGamingTailgate

TheGamingTailgate is hosting their NCAA Football Wishlist Tournament. Make sure you check it out, when you get a chance.

Quote:
"Custom playbooks? Coaching Carousel? Improved defensive playbooks? Each year many items are considered 'must-haves' by the NCAA Football community, but how do you determine which item tops the list? The 2010 NCAA Football Community Wish List Tournament begins with 68 of the most requested features by the community, as well as some notable features from other sports games.

As we progress through the field, vote for the item you would pick if it were your call to put one or other into the video game. With each vote, make sure to share your thoughts on each item and why & how you would like them (if at all) incorporated into the game.

The NCAA Football design team will be monitoring the tournament and feedback from the community.

From NCAA Football designer Ben Haumiller: "The entire design team is very excited to hear that the NCAA Football Community Wish List Tournament will be back for a second year. When we first heard about the tournament last year we were very interested to see how it would shake out. When two highly requested features were pitted against each other which one would win out? As the tournament unfolded we found that a lot of you in the community were having the same discussions that we as the design team have every year when it comes to determining what new features will make it in for the next installment of NCAA Football.

"While last year’s tournament came out after we had locked down our feature set for NCAA Football 11 it was nice to see how many of our features were not only on the tournament list, but also placed very highly. Through Real Assignment AI features like Correct Option Blocking were introduced. With 120 Ways to Win we were able to add Better Offensive Playbooks and True No-Huddle Offense into the game. And of course, there was no way we were going to release NCAA Football 11 without Formation Subs.

"Now that we are heavy into the development of NCAA Football 12 I want to encourage all of you to keep voting for which feature you want to see more in each matchup of this year’s tournament. We look forward to seeing what new features make the list this year based on the additions in NCAA Football 11, and which feature comes out on top. While there’s no guarantee that the feature that takes home the title will make it into NCAA Football 12, I will guarantee you that each of these features are discussed in great detail when we are deciding what ultimately makes it into the game."

Go have a look, right here.
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Oh god vision cone vision cone please vision cone. I dont understand how you can't like the vision cone especially if youre someone who complains about unrealistic virtual QB play.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14
Playbooks.....custom playbooks with a working gameplan feature to set for the CPU.....oh please.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:16 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19
Player tendencies like in 2k 11 basketball would clean up so many of the gameplay issues in the game.

Global player/position/equipment editor would go a long way
--All 120 teams for dynasty play

Wider field (cross field throws are too easy, WR screens/bubbles can't work)

Playbooks
--Tied to coaches instead of schools
--Number of plays available to use tied to QB experience and/or ratings

QB
--Various throwing animations/styles

Special Teams
--Fix all phases

Catching
--Lessen hand catches, add more stomach/shoulder catches
Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 AM   #5
Rookie

10 Quick Improvements

1) Make Defense Fun -
(More in-depth at #3) We need to be able to choose which pass rush move we want to initiate (rip, swim, spin, & bull rush). Make strength matter more with bull rush. Have the o-line slide multiple yards back shortening the pocket, or even get pancaked against strong bull rushers.

2) Better AI Dual-Threat QB's -
(i.e Cam Newton & Denard Robinson)

3) More Realistic Animations -
Need a lot more tackle animations for different situations. NEED MULTI-HIT TACKLES, no more tumbleweeds. More contact animations (i.e the trenches play & DB's & LB's jamming at the line)

4) More in-depth Road to Glory -
Have a point system and in-game goals similar to 2k's "My Player." Bring back random off-the-field so you feel like your really on campus.

5) Bring back College GameDay -
more authenticity

6) Player Movement -
Have players move like people after the play ends. It adds more depth when your players don't all get off the ground at the same time, with the same animation.

7) Running Animations -
Change the way skill players run. Watch how the elite speedsters run; bad technique the way it is, doesn't look right. Also try to cut down on the sliding while shifting. Hips are important when cutting.

8) Special Teams -
Special Teams in 1/3 the game and wins many games. More challenging & realistic kicking game. Better special teams blocking with blockers trying to develop lines.

9) Global Player Positioning -
Like many have said, We need to choose every position on the field, even every member from the kickoff team, kickoff return, punt block, punt return, and punt protection. We also need a depth chart for this.

10) Defensive Assignment -
Assign player match-ups before & during the game, DB's & LB's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 04:47 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 33
With NCAA 11 seeing so many improvements over 10 I expect EA to release 12 with just a few tweaks.

Improvements I would like, in no particular order:-

1.) Do something with the commentary. Surely we can't have another year with the same rehashed commentary. Commentary needs to be more team/player specific.

2.) Dare I say it. Bring in Madden's Gameflow/Accelerated Clock feature. I know this feature isn't loved by all but it does reduce the time it takes to get through each game.

3.) To make Gameflow work, team specific playbooks & the ability to design your own playbooks will be required.

4.) A Halftime show with updates from around the league.

5.) More variety in cut scenes with some specific to each team to keep the game looking fresh.

6.) More variety in the automatically generated player names. I play in the UK & I can't get access to the real rosters.

7.) Quicker response in menu navigation. We shouldn't have to put up with such sluggish menus on this generation of consoles. EA claim that this is because of the number of teams within the game. However MLB the Show doesn't have any such problems & with the Double A & Triple A leagues it has a similar number of teams.

8.) Improved weather conditions & the affects on the field of play.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
1) customizable off. playbooks - the offenses are awesome this yr. but it would be nice to be able to pick specific plays from other playbooks

2) make QB throwing more realistic, ppl. still run backward 15 yds., throw it while their running and complete it with good QB's.

3) bring back throwback teams like last gen games had and get rid of mascot and short games that no one plays anyways. its great to play with old heisman winners and great teams.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Player tendencies like in 2k 11 basketball would clean up so many of the gameplay issues in the game.

Global player/position/equipment editor would go a long way
--All 120 teams for dynasty play

Wider field (cross field throws are too easy, WR screens/bubbles can't work)

Playbooks
--Tied to coaches instead of schools
--Number of plays available to use tied to QB experience and/or ratings

QB
--Various throwing animations/styles

Special Teams
--Fix all phases

Catching
--Lessen hand catches, add more stomach/shoulder catches
Yeah i always thought the field was too small. Its really a difficult thing to gauge though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »