Home

Virgin Gaming, 2K Sports & GameStop Announce NBA 2K11 $50000 Online Launch Tournament

This is a discussion on Virgin Gaming, 2K Sports & GameStop Announce NBA 2K11 $50000 Online Launch Tournament within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 10
So why did Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota and Vermont not qualify? I thought I had it bad being from Canada, but those poor suckers cant even compete in a tourney in their own country.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3
LOL @ 360 crybabies.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Virgin Gaming, 2K Sports & GameStop Announce NBA 2K11 $50000 Online Launch Tourna

It's a nice idea but to me the best way to do a tournament like this is the way we did the original Madden Challenge. Travel to a number of different cities for live tournaments.

The main issue with online is that there is no way to verify the player holding the controller.

A great player could win, then also play for a friend and win for him, thus earning both of them a trip to the live event.

Way back in the mid 90's I was involved with an online tournament for Quake. 16 people from online won a trip to Atlanta for the live final event at E3. One guy played for a few of his friends and got 6 of them to the final event. They were all horrible at the final event. It became clear he had played for all of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
i cant wait to this start because iam the best
Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #13
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Virgin Gaming, 2K Sports & GameStop Announce NBA 2K11 $50000 Online Launch Tourna

I can only imagine the pitiful tactics guys are going to use.

People already cheese on online games with nothing on the line but bragging rights, but with the potential of 50K involved its going to be crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »