Home

NBA Elite Being Moved to Tiburon, EA Canada Hit by Layoffs (Not Confirmed Yet)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite Being Moved to Tiburon, EA Canada Hit by Layoffs (Not Confirmed Yet) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
LOL...... c'mon EA, get it together. i still wont buy it anyway, but someone needs to give 2k some competition.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #10
Rookie

AMYO's Arena

OVR: 8
Elite=The new madden
Old 10-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14
Way to go Mr. Moore keep up the good work.

Sorry to hear for all the workers. This economy is tough. All the best to them in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: 1UP: NBA Elite given to Tiburon, EA Canada mass layoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
So lemme get this straight; good, hard-working people are getting laid off at EA Canada because some higher ups at EA decided to scrap a game well on it's way to becoming great and go in a completely different direction because THEY can't tell a good game from a bad one? Somebody high up the ladder has egg on their face over this decision yet a perfectly competent and talented studio (they proved that with some solid leadership and strong vision from Mike Wang, they can make a very good bball game) gets tossed like it's their fault. You can't always turn lemons into lemonade and the direction they wanted to go with Elite takes years, not months, to develop. Heck, EA didn't release an NHL 06 on 360 but came back strong with 07 to much applause.

I'm stunned if this is true. Getting rid of Visual Concepts worked out great for EA too, didn't it.....
Couldn't have put it better myself.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:55 AM   #13
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: NBA Elite Being Moved to Tiburon, EA Canada Hit by Layoffs (Not Confirmed Yet)

Interesting timing for this tweet.

@ryansantos Ryan Santos
Change is here. Big things to come.

http://twitter.com/#!/ryansantos/status/28959604025
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-28-2010, 01:40 AM   #14
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
EA suits you have made one heck of a mess, and you have no one but yourselves to blame. Prayers go out to the families of those who are losing their jobs.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:49 AM   #15
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Wow. Wow. WOOOOOW. EA just keeps on sticking it's foot in it's mouth. In exception to NHL 11 and FIFA 11, this has been a HORRIBLE year for EA Sports.

Note to the suits: let the devs make the game, not you. This is what's wrong with gaming and music these days: the suits think THEY'RE the stars, and THEY know what's going on, but they don't. In fact, they're more out of touch with the masses than ANYONE. So, we get hit with these gimmicks that they think will draw over the Wii/casual gamer crowd, but end up alienating loyal customers.

This exact same thing happened at Infinity Ward, minus any game-cancellation. The suits though Infinity Ward was expendable, and that they can have a game of similar quality with Treyarch. So, IW got the boot. Now, while Activision may end up getting the last laugh anyway, EA will not. Personally, I think we're seeing the collapse of EA Sports before our very eyes...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #16
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: 1UP: NBA Elite given to Tiburon, EA Canada mass layoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFRMIC$
RIP EA Canada

Tiburon sucks as well.

Madden is an arcade game, and Elite will join them.
What is it with 98% of the people that joined OS in 2010? Are they all pylons and fanboys/trolls? Why is it almost always crap like this, that comes from their keyboards?

Madden has nothing to do with this thread.

EA should have stayed the course with the foundation of NBA 10 and as many have said here, built on what was becoming a good competitor in the basketball market.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »