Home

Fight Night Champion Blog #1 - Community Day

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Blog #1 - Community Day within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FN: Champion Blog #1 - Community Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Man, you have to love your passion! You roll like I roll.
You're both being very pessimistic which is saddening considering both myself and phobia expressing just the opposite. Its like you dont trust us.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:31 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
all i wanna kno is if they are gonna switch back to the classic controls instead of that "total punch control" nonsense????? if so, im buying... if not, i will pass on this because i was very disappointed in round 4(with the controls, that is)
Old 11-02-2010, 02:16 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Fight Night Champion Blog #1 - Community Day

I cant get into details like Phonia stated earlier because of the agreement we signed (and besides the whole getting sued thing I take my handshake and verbal promise seriously) but I will say this much: I am extremely confident in the direction EA Canada and the Dev team for FNC are going with the franchise and began counting down the days until release the minute I left for Jersey. I don't wear a suit and tie to work. I wear sweats and a hoodie. So, in other words this answer isn't a corporate response and if I wasn't feeling it I wouldn't of said one word. Like that fat lady said in Total Recall: "Get ready for a surprise!!!"
Old 11-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #20
Pro

evilc08's Arena

OVR: 11

Not sure what direction they are going. However a mode like they have in smackdown vs raw 2011 would be cool. It's called "universe" mode and basically keeps track of title holder's and fueds based on your offline matches. It then sets up cards based on what happens.

Now the game has its flaws and things would be different for boxing. This would be a great concept to work off though. It's like career that you can control and watch unfold. Add a ranking system and title history and you have a winner.

Probably not in the works, but would be a lot more fun then FN4's career. I had more fun trying to make something like I just described playing offline. Of course no belts we up and rankings were kept track of by myself. There is a lot we all hope for, but I think this could make whatever they change go a long way.

Ashford Pines Golf Club (front 9)

Full version release June 2016

Challenging course without the cheap gimmicks.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilc08
Not sure what direction they are going. However a mode like they have in smackdown vs raw 2011 would be cool. It's called "universe" mode and basically keeps track of title holder's and fueds based on your offline matches. It then sets up cards based on what happens.

Now the game has its flaws and things would be different for boxing. This would be a great concept to work off though. It's like career that you can control and watch unfold. Add a ranking system and title history and you have a winner.

Probably not in the works, but would be a lot more fun then FN4's career. I had more fun trying to make something like I just described playing offline. Of course no belts we up and rankings were kept track of by myself. There is a lot we all hope for, but I think this could make whatever they change go a long way.

Thats a great idea, can you elaborate more on that mode for those of us whom not played Smackdown 2k11?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #22
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Reignmaka II
You're both being very pessimistic which is saddening considering both myself and phobia expressing just the opposite. Its like you dont trust us.
he was at last year's community event.

imo, it puts you in a different frame of mind being flown out somewhere, given a good time etc.

In fact I recall money99 being there too and also being very impressed - and if I recall he felt as though they ruined at lot of what was great about the game from that time until release.

If it feels similar to fn4, I'm flat out...errr...out!

I demand snap in punches, effective jab use to be rewarded and realistic/spontanious situational cause/effect. Kind of like the odd knockdown in ufc '09 .... oh yeah...which is directly related to the biggest flaws of all - INTENTIONALLY ADDING CRAP LIKE COUNTERWINDOW'S! Time the punch, don't make people freeze like they just saw a ghost. Game's ridiculous in it's current state. No more 'game mechanics' just make it natural.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
he was at last year's community event.

imo, it puts you in a different frame of mind being flown out somewhere, given a good time etc.

In fact I recall money99 being there too and also being very impressed - and if I recall he felt as though they ruined at lot of what was great about the game from that time until release.

If it feels similar to fn4, I'm flat out...errr...out!

I demand snap in punches, effective jab use to be rewarded and realistic/spontanious situational cause/effect. Kind of like the odd knockdown in ufc '09 .... oh yeah...which is directly related to the biggest flaws of all - INTENTIONALLY ADDING CRAP LIKE COUNTERWINDOW'S! Time the punch, don't make people freeze like they just saw a ghost. Game's ridiculous in it's current state. No more 'game mechanics' just make it natural.
Allb you know how I feel about sim in my MMA. I wish I could tell you what I got to play. You will be happy about plenty on your list here
Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #24
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Allb you know how I feel about sim in my MMA. I wish I could tell you what I got to play. You will be happy about plenty on your list here
I'm very glad to hear this Phobia. Hopefully you're right and they don't end up making it less sim by the time it is released.

Developers should be aiming to please the hardcore sim crowd and sprinkle in some arcade modes in the game and the casuals will be there too.
Making the game a hybrid where its right between sim and arcade is just not satisfying as many consumers imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »