Home

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Review

This is a discussion on WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Review within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Review

How do you make a "realistic" sports game based on a sport that isn't, well, real? Yukes and THQ seem to have found an answer with WWE's Smackdown vs. Raw 2011, but the problem is they just could not quite pin it to the mat for the three count. SvR 2011 is ailed by repetitive and uninspired core gameplay that is unable to overshadow some great peripheral features of the game.

As per usual with this series, SvR 2011 takes steps back in certain areas by recycling the in-ring action. And while the new WWE Universe mode is tremendously cool, one wonders if the developers will ever entirely focus on improving what needs to be improved.

That being said, this is the biggest year-to-year improvement the series has gone through in ages.

Read More - WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Review
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17
Just set your created guys to free agents and they won't be involved in the WWE Universe until you put them on smackdown or raw, at least that's how it's worked for me so far.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16
It's a pretty fair review and to the point. I agree with all the "bugs" pointed out in the game, and it feels like THQ/Yukes just doesn't care. Year after year, same bugs / glitches, and like the review said, it's a step backwards.
What confuses me, is that the review says the AI is whacked out of its mind, the pinning is easy, etc..etc....then says that the Universe Mode is worth the $60. I disagree with that. All those issue affect the Universe mode. It is not worth $60 just for that ONE feature.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
You forgot something very important. You have no control of who the #1 Contender or Champion can be. Yes you can manually edit it but it takes something that has been in the series for years away and thats the option to have a title match anytime you choose. If you try to add someone to a title match (which only happens at PPV) it will turn it into a normal match. No control what-so-ever. Even the unlockable belts have no purpose.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Review

I don't recall anyone having a simple elbow has a sig. Not to say the movesets aren't messed up because they are,really,really badly,just haven't seen that specific example. A better example would be Kane having the same finisher twice instead of a Tombstone for one or Miz having ALL 4 behind groggy grapples as the same move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8
@CodeBr8k3r- you can turn Universe off and have whatever matches you want I thought? When I pick custom matches and put the unlockable titles on the line they change hands. You just don't get a rankings system for them. For all the complaints I hear about Universe, you can simply turn it off and do regular exhibition matches again.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
@poloelite Where is the option located?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
LETS GO METS!!!

Sheamazin's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Review

to turn the universe mode off. all you have to do is move the right stick to the right or left while in the main menu screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »