Home

NCAA Football Wishlist Tournament at TheGamingTailgate

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Wishlist Tournament at TheGamingTailgate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NCAA Football Wishlist Tournament at TheGamingTailgate

Please vote for In Game Saves!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:13 AM   #10
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

My ideas for improvements:

1. Physics-based tackling. After NHL 11, Tiburon has no excuse

2. Dynamic running animations. The running animation is highly improved over last year, but there are 2 problems:

A. The player still looks like he's gliding. In other words, foot planting has to be better, so that it doesn't actually look like an animation, but the player looks like his feet are actually hitting the ground when her runs.

B. All the players have the same stride, for the most part. Quick players need to look like they're actually light on their feet, and run gracefully; the strides need to be longer on bigger players, when they sprint; and bigger RB's should take choppier steps to keep their power under them.

3. Physics-based OL-DL interaction. They animation system, as it stands, is so "black or white", meaning that the DE/NT/DT is either stonewalled. or he makes some fancy move past the blocker (if the OLineman blocks AT ALL). The blocking should be physics-based, so that stronger defensive lines can actually DRIVE offensive linemen backwards, and stronger offensive lines can drive DL's forward/to the side. Plus, the OL can drive DE's upfield on passing plays, and there would be true holding penalties.

4. Real-Time Presentation. I would LOVE to see some 2K Sports-esque presentation. Meaning there are HUNDREDS of animations for any given situation. For instance, in APF 2K8, the QB would actually run across the field to talk to his coach on the sideline, without any transition to a cut scene. And, the commentary is MAD old. Needs to be refreshed.

5. Custom playbooks/Create-A-Play. 'Nuff said.

6. Team/Player Tendency/Signature Ratings. The thing that makes NBA 2K11 and FIFA 11 so good, is the ratings that they use to set players apart. As it stands right now, the ratings only tell how GOOD a player is at certain skills, but it says nothing about the decision-making, or the tendencies. That's why weaker QB's can still complete passes in the high 60%-low 70% range. We should have ratings that show what moves players like to use, how often they'll use them, etc. Plus, for teams, we should see how often they call pass plays vs. run plays, the offensive tempo, how much playclock the offense uses, how often a team blitzes, how often they sub per position, offensive/defensive style, etc.

6. PLEASE improve RTG mode. I actually wanna play full 15 min. qtrs with one player, and the mode should have more to it.

7. Add a realistic player clock. 25 seconds is too short. It should be 40 like Madden, and we should have acc. clock thresholds.

Sorry for the long post, lol...
Old 11-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #11
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Just thought I'd provide an update. We're into the third set of matchups of the first round with one set remaining. Here's a link to the updated bracket. The matchups for this set are:

Simplified Create-a-Play vs. Custom Crowd Signs
Coaching/Conference Offers in OD vs. Deeper Recruiting
More Camera Angles vs. Wider Offensive Line Splits
Special Teams Overhaul vs. Spring Game in Dynasty Mode
Improved Defensive Playbooks vs. Match-Up Stick 2.0
Hair Protruding from Helmet vs. 85 Man Rosters
Coaching Carousel vs. Designate Special Dynasty Games
Custom Playbooks vs. Duplicate Numbers

If the tournament isn't going the way you want it to, the only way to improve it is to register and vote. Again, as mentioned in the beginning, EA is keeping track of the results so your vote does matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 01:40 AM   #13
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
I have a great idea:

A company other than EA makes the college football game, lol.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:42 AM   #14
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
Stadium sound and atmosphere shouldn't be up against Coaching Carousel. IMO both of those features are badly needed.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:04 AM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

See this is what happens to me when I stayed out of this forum for 2 months straight.......I totally missed this.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #16
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
See this is what happens to me when I stayed out of this forum for 2 months straight.......I totally missed this.....
I visit this forum everyday, yet somehow I'm missed it too. All of the things that I care about did really well in the voting though, so I'm pleased by that.

Out of the final four the only thing I would change is replacing Custom Playbooks with Special Teams Overhaul.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »