Home

Madden NFL Arcade Rosters Updated, 33% Off Until 6/27 (What About Madden NFL 10?)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Arcade Rosters Updated, 33% Off Until 6/27 (What About Madden NFL 10?) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #9
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL Arcade Rosters Updated, 33% Off Until 6/27 (What About Madden NFL 10?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
For any panther fan playing this. Jimmy Clasun is starter on it and not Matt Moore. Moore should be the starter but don't have a clue why he ain't. Oh well atleast Carolina 1st pick of the draft is starting. Can't complain. Now that I have played with the roster update. Now I'm wanting madden 11 even more now. Come on madden 11.
from espn.com:

1. Not rushing Clausen: Second-round draft choice Clausen is the third-string quarterback behind Moore and Hunter Cantwell. Fox isn't going to rush Clausen into the opening-day starting lineup. To start, Clausen must light it up in preseason games and blow away Moore. This doesn't mean things aren't going well for the former Notre Dame star.

Clausen is a rhythm quarterback who could be a master of the short passing game. On five-step drops, he seems to have a knack for running up in the pocket to find good passing lanes. His accuracy on underneath passes is exceptional. But I get the feeling Fox hopes to carry over Moore's success at the end of 2009 -- the Panthers were 4-1 in their last five games -- into the regular season to see if he can get some early wins as starter.
Plucked off the waiver wire after his release by the Cowboys in 2007, Moore was 6-2 as a starter filling in when Jake Delhomme was injured. Delhomme couldn't recover from his five-interception playoff game at the end of the 2008 season and was cut in the offseason. Suddenly Moore, 25, went from being the youngest quarterback on the roster to the oldest.
The Panthers' quarterback situation reminds me of the 49ers' last year. Shaun Hill entered last season with a 7-3 record and won his first two starts. But defenses caught up to him after coordinators had an offseason to study him and he was replaced as starter after six games by Alex Smith. Don't be surprised to see a similar scenario in Carolina, with Clausen starting by the seventh game.

^^^this is bound to happen
Old 06-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #10
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL Arcade Rosters Updated, 33% Off Until 6/27 (What About Madden NFL 10?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SincerelYourz
from espn.com:

1. Not rushing Clausen: Second-round draft choice Clausen is the third-string quarterback behind Moore and Hunter Cantwell. Fox isn't going to rush Clausen into the opening-day starting lineup. To start, Clausen must light it up in preseason games and blow away Moore. This doesn't mean things aren't going well for the former Notre Dame star.

Clausen is a rhythm quarterback who could be a master of the short passing game. On five-step drops, he seems to have a knack for running up in the pocket to find good passing lanes. His accuracy on underneath passes is exceptional. But I get the feeling Fox hopes to carry over Moore's success at the end of 2009 -- the Panthers were 4-1 in their last five games -- into the regular season to see if he can get some early wins as starter.
Plucked off the waiver wire after his release by the Cowboys in 2007, Moore was 6-2 as a starter filling in when Jake Delhomme was injured. Delhomme couldn't recover from his five-interception playoff game at the end of the 2008 season and was cut in the offseason. Suddenly Moore, 25, went from being the youngest quarterback on the roster to the oldest.
The Panthers' quarterback situation reminds me of the 49ers' last year. Shaun Hill entered last season with a 7-3 record and won his first two starts. But defenses caught up to him after coordinators had an offseason to study him and he was replaced as starter after six games by Alex Smith. Don't be surprised to see a similar scenario in Carolina, with Clausen starting by the seventh game.

^^^this is bound to happen

Moore will start the full season and cement himself firmly as the starter barring injury and Steve Smith not ready by week 1....
Old 06-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Kind of a weird choice keeping Tommie Harris on the Bears instead of putting Peppers there.

I'm still having a ton of fun with the game, and was hoping they'd update the rosters. I actually hope for one more near opening day (after rosters are set), but that might be pushing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

any reason why they did this?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #13
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

Thanks for the info Steve. I'm going to download the new rosters tonight.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Seems like another roster update went out recently.

I noticed Vick has replaced Kolb as the Eagles QB.

Anyone got a link to the full changes?

This game is more fun to play than Madden 11.

If only it wasn't so barebones when it comes to features.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #15
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

This is a really fun game to play against other people, and surprisingly requires a bit of strategy to win. I like this game a lot, more than Madden 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yes, the strategy element is actually more than you'd expect from a 5 vs. 5 game with only 4 plays to choose from.

I just wish the scrambling QBs (Vick, Young) didn't have such a huge advantage over all other teams' QBs.

Eagles and Titans seem to be the only teams anyone ever uses online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »