Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Details

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Details within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Details

First of all, thanks once more for your patience while we’ve taken in all your feedback since the game’s launch. After we received your feedback, the process began to replicate and understand what you were seeing, and then get to work making improvements.

We’re now at the stage of that process where we are able to give you some more detail about what improvements to FIFA 11 you can expect. Sorry we’ve been a bit quiet on this stuff until now, but as you know we can’t really talk about these things until they’re locked down and confirmed.

Also, here’s an overview of the things we’ve done. If you have questions about anything you see here, or want more detail on anything in particular, feel free to post them in this thread and we’ll do our best to answer them.

GAMEPLAY
You’ll now find that the implementation of the offside rule in the game is more accurate, both in terms of when the infringement is called and in terms of player positions when it happens. Occasional strange player positioning at kick-off have also gone away, while shooting from weak volleys has been improved, too. Importantly, so-called ‘micro-pausing’ during gameplay will also be a thing of the past. Overall, your gameplay experience should now be even better.

CAREER MODE
There are a lot of improvements you’ll notice here, which will all further boost the realism of the mode, but in summary: Your match fixtures during the season for cups and leagues, as well as the time of day they all happen, should now be much more realistic. We’ve also improved how accurately player ratings and growth are displayed, as well as making sure the players get the awards they deserve, when they deserve them. Using an odd exploit to secure a whopping $2 billion budget has now gone away, while the emails you receive as a manager will be more appropriate and players you’ve loaned out will now be easier to see and manage.

ONLINE HEAD TO HEAD
Matchmaking will be enhanced, particularly in terms of initially connecting to an opponent, while we’ve removed a couple of exploits that people were using to gain an unfair advantage over their opponents. Also, players will now no longer be able to use Passing Power Assistance in ranked matches.

ONLINE CLUBS
We’ve already made a lot of server-side improvements to the Clubs experience, particularly in terms of matchmaking, match results and progress in Cups. With the game update we’ll be making a range of improvements to stats and league-table presentation, too, as well as improving the camera motion when your player is a long way from the ball.

PRESENTATION
You’ll now find that cut-scenes are improved during substitutions, along with a range of more subtle improvements around of the game.

AUDIO
Creation Centre teams will now benefit from crowd chants, while we’ve improved the custom chants area as well. We’ve also managed to enhance a few audio triggers during gameplay, meaning you’ll get an even better atmosphere as things happen during a match.

CREATION CENTRE
The general performance of the game when it involves teams and players created via the Creation Centre has been improved. Also, you’ll now find that the formations and attributes you set on the web will now transfer more accurately to the console.

FIFA STORE
We’ve made sure that Live Season will be available for multiple users on the same console. Some people who had switched from an inactive XBL account to a Gold Account were having problems seeing the content of the store – we’ve got that covered, too.

KITS
Lincoln City and Montpellier fans, your teams’ kits should now be right on the money.

UPDATE: So I've received word there's a good chance the X360 update will be available tomorrow at the same time as the PS3 update. Not 100% confirmed but thanks to our MS liaisons for working with MS on this. Cheers - PW. - EA Forums

Source - EA Forums
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360

Last edited by Jd_Seven; 11-11-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Details, Arrives November 12th for PS3 and November 17th for

Positive Comment:

--- It is nice to know an actual date - and I appreciate that.

Negative Comment #1:

--- I am *very* concerned about how vague this list is.

Negative Comment #2:

--- Bummer about waiting until November 17th (I am on X360).

... hoping for the best ...
Old 11-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 11
I wonder why they didn't list the unfair advantage. I know when I play guys just maul my guys with reckless abandon.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Details, Arrives November 12th for PS3 and November 17th for

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Positive Comment:

--- It is nice to know an actual date - and I appreciate that.

Negative Comment #1:

--- I am *very* concerned about how vague this list is.

Negative Comment #2:

--- Bummer about waiting until November 17th (I am on X360).

... hoping for the best ...

Very vague indeed. Nothing mentioned about the tackling???? Hmmm......
Old 11-10-2010, 04:07 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Apparently on the FIFA message boards you can ask a more in depth question about a certain fix on the update, might get a response.

I was just looking over how many fixes NHL got and the info to go along with it. Very nice. Maybe the FIFA patch will have a more extensive list of fixes once its released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd_Seven
I was just looking over how many fixes NHL got and the info to go along with it. Very nice. Maybe the FIFA patch will have a more extensive list of fixes once its released.
Yes, the NHL11 patch notes were quite detailed with individual fixes getting their own bullet point. Disappointed that the FIFA gave us vague general descriptions by area, but if it improves the game, so be it. Hopefully the reference to more realistic fixtures in league & cup means the draws are random. Hopefully player growth is more evident. They hint at it, but don't explicitly state it.

It's nice be on the right side of the Sony/MS certification process this time. Still waiting for the NHL11 update on 360, but I'll get the FIFA one earlier on PS3... both on the same day if all goes according to plan.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/90/56764.page#479713

Well, that doesn't sound good. No attention given to poor AI, tackling or pressure. How does WC2010 turn out so well and FIFA 11 turn out completely different? Really disappointed by this year's effort.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Yep ... I read through the entire thread (referenced above).

And I was most discouraged by this post about the aggressive/pressure.

Gameplay should matter - how was this not considered by anyone at EA?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »