Home

Head of EA Canada Out -- Major Restructuring of the Company

This is a discussion on Head of EA Canada Out -- Major Restructuring of the Company within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
EA getting blown up from ONE **** fail of a game? I never thought I'd see the day. I hope they come out of this strong, but it doesn't look too good right now.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
I know it's a business, but when you solely focus on the dollar over the art you're involved in, these things happen. Once they lose the NFL license, things will get even more tough over at EA.
This post is so on the money although I don't think EA will lose the football licenses. I also believe that while this is a major change within EA, the major changes that are needed in games like Madden and NCAA will continue to not be made. Those games will continue to stagnate. Also, how will these changes really affect FIFA and NHL? Is this a case of EA overreacting to the consequences of their own bad decision to drastically redo and repackage their basketball game all in one years time?

I think so.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 AM   #19
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Head of EA Canada Out -- Major Restructuring of the Company

Like many have said, FIFA and NHL are both series that come from EA-C that have done very well. Will the death (at least this year) of the NBA series bring these other two series down? Even though the NHL and FIFA is less popular (in the US, at least), it wouldn't make any sense to F up those series just because one beast has been slayed (or slayed itself). If anything, I applaud EA for scrapping a title that just didn't cut it instead of releasing it and garnering sales purely off brand recognition.

This sounds like something that was tossed around for a while, and the mess that the NBA series created just pushed it forward. Hopefully more good comes from the sharing then bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2
I dont think this is entirely because of "elite". This def. has alot to do with madden and the slupming sales/quality of the game over the past 5 years. Add to that the fact that alot of people still say NFL 2K5 was/is still better than the newest madden and how much better the 2K basketball games have been. I dont know, it could all just be something we dont even know about. Maybe a designer was caught peeing in the boss's coffee... We'll never know, and EA wont just come out and say that 2K is just a better "fan-based" company. Just like jerry jones wont just come out and say "We Suck!"
Old 11-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #21
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I'm sure this will have an effect on the NHL and FIFA series eventually, lets just hope it's a good effect. All this sounds too much like what went down with 2K Sports. I just hope EA doesn't decide that stupid features to attract the casual customer take priority over a more realistic approach.
Haven't they already done that with some of the stuff they've put out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 11:42 AM   #22
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
We all know the glory days of sports gaming are over (and I won't go into detail about when that happened; everybody ought to know the day by now), but I wonder if this will start a new era. This is going to either be really good or really, really bad for sports gamers, and when I see "top-down" management, I can only really see the negatives. The reason why EA is failing is because they are taking a new approach every few years instead of sticking to something and going with it for good or for bad. Whatever they do now, they need to focus on it for the next five years and let it pan out.

I think that this also means that titles that don't massively sale will be cut. NCAA has been going by the way side, and I wonder if the NBA will ever see another EA update. This alone is bad news for consumers as it cuts more people out of competition.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3
Now fans it's time to go after Madden!!!! Be strong and unite!!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #24
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Head of EA Canada Out -- Major Restructuring of the Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTEqMETHOD
Haven't they already done that with some of the stuff they've put out?
Yeah, it's called Ultimate Team.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »