Home

Fight Night Champion Producer's Corner Blog: Manny in Dallas

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Producer's Corner Blog: Manny in Dallas within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Fight Night Champion Producer's Corner Blog: Manny in Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Even though its rooted in hate and his approach is lacking decency I think there is a valid point there. I never cared for the career mode consistency of legends and past champions. That should be an entirely different mode altogether. I know its tough to have a full comprehensive roster of current fighters but the ability to use multiple created fighters in the career mode would solve this problem.
You know you can chose to add legends and past champs in your Legacy/Career Mode, right? There many more boxing fans out there than EA and people keep making out to be. It's the casual fans that are keep fanning this fire.

The boxing Community is alive and kicking. I belong to over 15 boxing sites Pro and amateur. Boxing isn't going anywhere no time soon. If people followed the history of boxing you would know boxing has it's dry spells. Mike Tyson and guys like Gatti ruined the expectation of boxing for casual fans. They expect KO's or brawls.

I don't get caught up into the hype people feed me. I'm going to love boxing fully until I die.
What gaming companies(EA Canada) fail to realize is how are you going to say Casual fans pay for what the hardcore/sim fans want when you never failed at a realistic/sim game in the first place.

I think NBA 2k11 set the pace and proved what can sell to a broad market. I'm a fan of realistic sports games with depth, customization, options, and detail. I always feel something is compromised when you try to please two different kinds of fan.

If people really pay attention to various Fight Night forums there are people on them forums asking for more legends and past boxers. Companies(EA Canada) need to let fans create ther own boxing world/universe no matter how boxing seem to be doing in real life.

Here are some ideas that would add detail and depth to their Fight Night series.

Trainer Pool(like free agency list)

Last edited by SHAKYR; 11-12-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree with this too, but I think he's talking about Legends being in your career v. only current boxers. It's like when Madden had that year of putting in Legends and they all showed up in your season until EA released a patch. People were going nuts about that, so it should be approached as another mode. With boxing, it comes down to a more comprehensive boxing career manager. Insert your created fighters, set their record, skills, etc. At the VERY least do like NCAA did with having a quick name edit of existing boxers and their record.

I totally agree with SHAKYR on trying to please two markets in one game. Makes no sense to me. If you want arcade, you buy arcade... Anyone here still think about Facebreaker?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/907/907165p1.html

The main trends I see from sports gamers is realism, licensing, career and presentation. You leave out any one of these key factors, and we're left feeling empty. To me boxing has always been left behind for new gimmicks and arcade qualities. Where's HBO, Showtime? Where's WBO, WBF, IBF? Where's Sports Illustrated? Where's newspapers and media? Where's multiple weight divisions? Where's historically correct match-ups? Where's career fighters with consistent win ratio records? Where's a fight that ends with one knockdown? Hey, the great Frazier threw in the towel against Ali, where's that? I guarantee you just get decent gameplay with 2/3rds of these missing links, and you won't have to add any gimmicks or arcade nonsense.

Other thing is, when something is fixed, don't break it. SI, newspapers, media are here one year, then gone the next. KO Kings has multiple weight divisions, gone the next year. To me, building on a franchise is keeping the good, while continuing to add to it. Then add the icing on the cake. Just don't take out the good ingredients already there. I'm out!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarr43
I agree with this too, but I think he's talking about Legends being in your career v. only current boxers. It's like when Madden had that year of putting in Legends and they all showed up in your season until EA released a patch. People were going nuts about that, so it should be approached as another mode. With boxing, it comes down to a more comprehensive boxing career manager. Insert your created fighters, set their record, skills, etc. At the VERY least do like NCAA did with having a quick name edit of existing boxers and their record.

I totally agree with SHAKYR on trying to please two markets in one game. Makes no sense to me. If you want arcade, you buy arcade... Anyone here still think about Facebreaker?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/907/907165p1.html

The main trends I see from sports gamers is realism, licensing, career and presentation. You leave out any one of these key factors, and we're left feeling empty. To me boxing has always been left behind for new gimmicks and arcade qualities. Where's HBO, Showtime? Where's WBO, WBF, IBF? Where's Sports Illustrated? Where's newspapers and media? Where's multiple weight divisions? Where's historically correct match-ups? Where's career fighters with consistent win ratio records? Where's a fight that ends with one knockdown? Hey, the great Frazier threw in the towel against Ali, where's that? I guarantee you just get decent gameplay with 2/3rds of these missing links, and you won't have to add any gimmicks or arcade nonsense.

Other thing is, when something is fixed, don't break it. SI, newspapers, media are here one year, then gone the next. KO Kings has multiple weight divisions, gone the next year. To me, building on a franchise is keeping the good, while continuing to add to it. Then add the icing on the cake. Just don't take out the good ingredients already there. I'm out!
I felt like EA fooled us when they made a arcade game like Facebreaker. I thought Fight Night Round 4 was going to be totally sim.

I told the producers before to add all the weight divisions and if they could fill the divisions let the fans do it with CABs. EA keep forgetting their motto" If it's in the game it's in the game"

Last edited by SHAKYR; 11-12-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes, totally.. I would even be somewhat content with no-name Joe's in there so long as there's more than just three weight divisions. Sometimes I think developers spend so much time in new features and modes that it plain robs time from building more quality in basics, game mechanics, and building on last year's stuff that made it great.

I ponder on what could be accomplished with the old Sega Genesis Real Deal Boxing with say 10 times the animations per boxer and that Title Bout Manager screen you just brought up. Look at people who refuse to play Madden and just update their NFL2k5 rosters every year. To me, it speaks volumes of what's going wrong here.

With high res graphics, the other fuss is to me that requires a whole world of new animations you just couldn't get by with before. I honestly think what has set Sega and 2k apart is they up their animation numbers every year, and it's a high priority for them. Seems like this is where I'm hoping EA really steps up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »