Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

The FIFA Soccer 11 patch is available now for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Want to know what's in the patch? Click here.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Last edited by Qb; 11-12-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 11 Post-Patch Impressions (PS3 & 360)

What I notice about the gameplay after the patch

Good:
More space. There's more room to pass now and therefore more attack chances

Less annoying tackles: I feel myself holding L2 less and the cpu is less aggressive in the midfield.

Teammate attack without ball: Finally they move towards the goal whenever I have the ball breaking away instead of standing there like a idiot.

Bad:
Standing CPU: I had a couple incident where the CPU stood and let me blow by them for a 1 on 1 with the keeper. Another time they let me get to a deflection after a save while they went to guard someone out of the box even with the ball going to them.

Tripping over downed players:
Players still don't know how to avoid a down player. They still manage to trip over at the slightest touch. That screw me twice when my defender who got the ball trip over my goalie after he made a save. I lose possession and the other team taps the ball in.

Nerfed Speed:
Is it just me or is everything slower? Running, passing, shooting. I don't really mind but I know others might.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

A few things, I didn't get to play yet and test out the new patch myself but I was wondering if the patch will effect the gameplay in FUT as well as if EA provided a more in depth list of what was tweaked/fixed/touched whatever you would like to call it.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

EDIT: Just went into my team management and all the players names are f***ed up. They have the correct initials, ratings and appearances but Francesc Fabregas is now F. Fahid, Andrey Arshavin is now A. Artell and so on. WTF?

Last edited by misterbroom12; 11-12-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
Rookie

chelios7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12

EDIT: Just went into my team management and all the players names are f***ed up. They have the correct initials, ratings and appearances but Francesc Fabregas is now F. Fahid, Andrey Arshavin is now A. Artell and so on. WTF?
Ok, this better be a mistake or something that is fixed quickly.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
A few things, I didn't get to play yet and test out the new patch myself but I was wondering if the patch will effect the gameplay in FUT as well as if EA provided a more in depth list of what was tweaked/fixed/touched whatever you would like to call it.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

I had that same name issue pre-patch and had to go d/l the current rosters again. Not sure the deal with that.

Does anyone know if we have to restart our CM to get the updated stuff to work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
Rookie

room112's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkracker1
I had that same name issue pre-patch and had to go d/l the current rosters again. Not sure the deal with that.

Does anyone know if we have to restart our CM to get the updated stuff to work?
I believe EA did say that the CM changes would not work with seasons in progress, only new ones. I can't find the quote but I'll look around.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by room112
I believe EA did say that the CM changes would not work with seasons in progress, only new ones. I can't find the quote but I'll look around.
And by seasons do you actually mean seasons or that you need to completely restart the CM?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Is it possible to download the patch WITHOUT downloading anything for Ultimate Team?

My X360 is not regularly hooked up to the internet, so, when I move the X360 later tonight, I expect that it will notice two "new" things (the Ultimate Team thing from last week + the patch the came out today).

I do not play Ultimate Team and I have read elsewhere that UT causes a problem with player names - a problem whose solution is to download a new squad file - but I do not want a new squad file because I have already invested A LOT of time with stadium renaming.

So, really, I only want the "patch". Can I do this?

(Sorry - should this be in a different thread? My apologies ...)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »