Home

NHL 11 Title Update and Tuner v2.0 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Title Update and Tuner v2.0 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 11 Title Update and Tuner v2.0 Impressions (PS3 & 360)

I've only played two games on the 360 so far, and like what I see.

Most of my sliders are AS, hardcore defaults except some penalty ones, fatigue effect on the CPU, and I lowered the CPU goalie reaction one click down.

The CPU bobbled more passes then I remember seeing before. I also noticed a few times where they CPU outright missed a pass, usually under pressure, that probably wouldn't have happened before.

I like the speed on the push puck now, I can get separation again... which leads to......

with the tuner they finally fixed the diving poke check! I had a breakaway and the CPU dove at me from behind, but must have not connected as i kept going with the puck! Now, it remains to be seen if it still works in a "proper" time or not, we'll see.

Stick lifts seem to be better, I noticed a few "failed" attempts, tho there are times wehre the CPU can do it the same time I get a pass, but maybe it's just my slow reflexes.

I *think* I saw a CPU guy blow a tire and fall on his own, but he may have been tripped, I'm not sure.

Auto skate stays off, yay! And I can change lines after a fight again without locking up.

All in all, nice improvements, and looking forward to playing some more later on today.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16

Played my first game post patch on the PS3. Did I read the patch notes wrong about the TOA? Did they say it's supposed to be more "even" now? If so, I know I only played one game so far, but I DOUBLED the CPU on TOA.

And for the shots, the CPU had only 13 shots going into the 3rd period. End of the game, they had 28 total shots to my 31. It seemed odd because the whole game, I swear I hardly saw them shoot the puck. And when I saw the shot total, it amazed me because I didn't think they even took that many shots.

Game does feel "looser" and the CPU actually misses passes now. I might have to increase their pass accuracy now a click.

Not sure what some are saying about lack of penalties, because I had quite a few in this game per team.

Anyway, just my thoughts for now after ONE game.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

My human controlled players now feel like they are skating in slush... I can't get any speed up to get separation. I don't know...feels like EA is spinning in circles with all these updates, plugging one hole only to create another. The only thing I really noticed is how the game feels like it has slowed down...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
My human controlled players now feel like they are skating in slush... I can't get any speed up to get separation. I don't know...feels like EA is spinning in circles with all these updates, plugging one hole only to create another. The only thing I really noticed is how the game feels like it has slowed down...
What's your Game Speed set at? I can't say I noticed a difference at all in terms of HUM skating and I play with GS @ 2.

Oh, and check your PMs, will ya?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #13
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17

1st game with tuner vs computer goalie in otp...I like how the goalies are playing! shooting seems more realistic as I think there is more variety (only 1 game tho) The hitting is so much better! Makes it feel much more realistic

So far the goals that have been scored have been:

1 five hole goal
3 breakaways
1 slot wrister (on a normal shot, blew it by G)
can't remember other one...
Old 11-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Hoe freaking slow is it? I use some modified version of your sliders, but one of the things I liked about them was that slushy feeling from lack of acceleration. You have it set at zero.

I have not downloaded the patch yeat, but maybe it just needs to be bumped up if they addressed it.

I really liked your sliders because it felt so much more realistic, even though I had to gie me some boosts among some of the sliders because my skill can make the game really unfun. Right now, I complete in the neighborhood of 65-72% of my passes, and the CPU tends to be a bit better.

Most importantly, I loved the fatigue settings, as it really makes for a compelling game to keep lines fresh and force match-ups. But it all works toward a more sluggish game thant I would have ever considered before. It's taken three years, but I'm just about broken from needing that more arcade feel to the game.

Oh, I do like to play a fast arcade style from time to time. I wish NHL 11 had a Pond Hockey mode like NHL 2K6 or 2K7. I liked that so much more than EA's kind of lame XBLA version.

I'll be curious to see how the patch affects my slider settings.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 11-12-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #15
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
i felt the game being a bit slower as well. the speed and everything is the same as i used before. i bet it has to do with the ice friction and the diving poke check. i bet it had some effect on skating.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #16
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

I didn't really notice a change regarding the speed, I play with game speed and player acceleration both at 2. I read in the tuning update notes that fatigue effects are more significant, so it may hypothetically be a reason why you feel that players are slower. If you have it high, maybe try to lower your fatigue effect slider and see if it's better.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 11-12-2010 at 02:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »