Home

Major League Baseball 2K11 Cover Athlete: Roy Halladay

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K11 Cover Athlete: Roy Halladay within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Major League Baseball 2K11 Cover Athlete: Roy Halladay

2K Sports Names Roy Halladay of the Philadelphia Phillies as Cover Athlete for Major League Baseball® 2K11

2K Sports predicts Halladay will win Cy Young Award tomorrow

New York, NY - November 15, 2010- 2K Sports announced today that they have named Philadelphia Phillies™ ace pitcher, Roy Halladay, as the cover athlete for their upcoming video game Major League Baseball® 2K11, the next iteration of the popular Major League Baseball 2K series. Halladay, who this season became one of only 20 pitchers in Major League Baseball history to throw a perfect game, continues 2K Sports' tradition of bringing today's premier players to the most realistic sports simulation titles available. Despite gracing the cover of this year's title and having a phenomenally successful year, Halladay remains humbled at 2K Sports' prediction that he will win the National League Cy Young Award tomorrow for his impressive feats on the mound.

"I'm honored to be on the cover of Major League Baseball 2K11," said Halladay, who also pitched a no-hitter in this year's Major League Baseball postseason. "I'm not one for predictions, but should 2K Sports be right about tomorrow, well, that would be a great way to end the year."

If Halladay wins the National League Cy Young Award tomorrow, he will also become the fifth pitcher to win the coveted award in both leagues, as he previously won it in 2003 while a member of the Toronto Blue Jays. Halladay was recently honored by his peers, when he was named the 2010 Players Choice Award winner for the National League Outstanding Pitcher. One of the most dominant and consistent pitchers of his era, Halladay is an especially appropriate representative for the Major League Baseball 2K series' Total Control Pitching mechanic, which gives players an unprecedented level of control and accuracy on the mound.

"In the 'Year of the Pitcher', Roy has truly distinguished himself as the best pitcher in baseball," said Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K. "Between his dominating season that included baseball's 20th perfect game, and his exciting performance during the postseason, we believe there is no player more worthy of representing our revolutionary pitching mechanic on the cover of Major League Baseball 2K11 than Roy Halladay."

Developed by 2K Sports' Visual Concepts studio, Major League Baseball 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available this spring for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 (PS3™) and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ system and Windows PC. For more information, please visit http://www.2ksports.com

Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Major League Baseball 2K11 Cover Athlete: Roy Halladay

Meh. Can't say he doesn't deserve it though.

PSN: FREExBEER
Old 11-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Not a fan of 2k baseball games but like Roy Halladay good for him
Old 11-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

And so it begins.........
Old 11-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 13
Perfecto. Expect to see Josh Hamilton on the cover of The Show - the last 2 athletes have been reigning AL MVPs. Though they might also go with a pitcher, like CC Sabathia, Felix Hernandez, or Adam Waignwright, who put together a nearly identical season to Halladay but wasn't quite as dominant. Or maybe rookie closer Neftali Feliz, or Cliff Lee (Though this might be difficult considering we don't know what his uniform will look like yet.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 13
Aw, but shucks, no Babe Ruth like MJ lol
Old 11-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 36

I really wasn't planning on getting this, but I might just buy two copies now. I hope this game is good. I say that every year, but I hope it justifies me buying this game if I do.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Last edited by Jamin23; 11-15-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
Rookie

FroznYogurt's Arena

OVR: 24
Aww, I wanted him for the Show. Anyway, Congrats Roy, you deserve it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »