Home

No Plans For Backbreaker Patch #2

This is a discussion on No Plans For Backbreaker Patch #2 within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #17
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: No Plans For Backbreaker Patch #2

My support can't be bought with a $10 discount, competition is irrelevant, I'll support a good game if they can make.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakHusker
BB was a solid effort, it didn't get a lot of things right, but I certainly had fun with it and Tackle Alley was definitely a strong point for the game.

What impresses me is how much they paid attention to the community and listened to the consumer's concerns. Greathouse was what a patch should be, granted it also brought some other issues that weren't there beforehand. If BB2 ever comes along, I'll be sure to throw some money that way.
Agreed. Considering the obstacles they had to deal with being a small developer and this being their first effort attempting to make a football game I think they did a good job. It's far too easy to underestimate the difficulty trying to develop an unlicensed/non-major licensed sports game; even experienced developers like 2K and EA struggle (APF and EA's college baseball game). What NaturalMotion introduced in terms of realtime physics in a sports game reverberated across all sports titles which is saying something - even more impressive considering it's a first-time effort. If they get the opportunity I'm sure they'll build on this first experience.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 11-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #19
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I liked backbreaker but there was just not enough ratings to get anything done to make the game better. Too few ratings controlled too many areas of the game. Once I saw that it was not possible to adjust the ratings to get the best of both worlds I stopped playing. However if they expand some of those attributes into more football specific areas then then the next backbreaker should be great.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I was on the bandwagon and lost so much interest I haven't been on this board in months. Extremely disappointing effort. The quest for a really good football game still goes on.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #21
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I liked BB1. They had a lot of great ideas. First and foremost being the camera angles.

Having said that, I wouldn't rule out buying BB2, but I would be extremely reluctant to. Greathouse totally ruined the run game and the fact that they won't fix that, doesn't engender much confidence.

Being on PS3, the lack of ability to edit ratings, also is severely impacts the enjoyment of the game. I traded it away after it looked like they were done with the game. I understand that it was the publisher and funding and all that, but that doesn't do me any good having a game that is pretty much useless since you have to throw basically every down.

The game did some things very right, and I do miss the game. I may pick it up again at some point if I can find it for like $5-$10 used on Amazon, but I will be very cautious in giving them more money for BB2.

I think they would be better served selling the engine to another developer than making the game themselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »