Home

Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October

This is a discussion on Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #9
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden Sales Down 18% from last year

What amazes me is how they could let this stuff go for so long. Add more devs, and get it right.

It's OBVIOUS what sports gamers want, and have always wanted...

Simple math:
(ANY of the best selling titles over history) + (copy them)= success

Last edited by ryan36; 11-17-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 15
EA, sim gamers equal success. Year in and year out. Casual gamers will only play you one year and move on. Anybody still playing Mario Party 79098? Didn't think so.

Do as we say and you'll get the money. Just ask Mike Wang.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11
Ok, here is my take on this game from an older gamer that has played them all. I don't play it nearly as much as used to because it just feels stale to me. In order for them to pick up new players and get the old player back is to A). make the game LOOK different. B). It must play different C). Season modes must be addictive

What I mean by A). this game has really looked the same since last gen except for the higher res HD graphics. There are no new playable camera angles or innovative cameras. There is no user create cameras. There should be multiple camera angles taking place through-out the play on the field. When I run the ball I want a certain camera, when I pass I want another one, when I kick field goals... you get my point. They are and have been all the same for years.

B). The feel of this game really hasn't changed much over the years either. Players still slide around and even though improvements have been made to locomotion and pro tack it really is a small improvement over all IMO.

C). doesn't need much explanation... It needs to be user friendly and addictive.

Thanks,

Blitz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #12
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewie12
Not making a PC version....I would have bought two versions.

Let's see EA abandon the PC market and cancelled a game and now are seeing low sales on their top flight game. I guess PC piracy is a real big deal......

EA is a dying monolith. Peter Moore where are you? FIFA comes out for the PC right?
Not to say I wouldn't want a PC version, but at best a PC version would account for 5% of the total sales volume for Madden, so this isn't a no PC version issue I'm afraid
Old 11-17-2010, 05:00 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13

good maybe another year of down sales and changes will be made.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #14
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles4ever
good maybe another year of down sales and changes will be made.
A nearly 20% drop is enough to get changes made now.

Especially when just 5-6 years ago the game was selling almost double what it is today in just pure units.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #15
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I would love to believe that they'll change, but if I know the EA brass... they'll have blamed it on a bad economy, and not changed courses.

We'll see what we get with Madden 12, although I haven't been holding my breath for a while.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 05:06 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 2
Madden needs a new engine. They continue to patch up the current one and throwing new gameplay gimmicks in every year. The result is the patches can never fix the gameplay because the core remains the same and the gimmicks end up being just that, gimmicks. Couple that with simple things like players not being proportioned correctly and the football being too big, clearly this game cannot say "everything you see on Sunday" let alone sell well in a country where fans love their football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »