Home

Madden: Editing Player Ratings in Franchise - Need Your Thoughts

This is a discussion on Madden: Editing Player Ratings in Franchise - Need Your Thoughts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Editing player ratings in Franchise - need your thoughts

I agree with taking the potential away. I feel if the progression would get improved to a weekly bases like the roster updates there would not be a need for editing ratings.
i just want customize everythhing else. They should add player morale and roles
Old 11-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: Editing player ratings in Franchise - need your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Then...people shouldn't do that? I mean, maybe I'm coming from the PC world, but in OOTP I can create a league with no minor leagues, make it so the AI teams can't sign players by killing their revenue, and then release all the players. The AI will probably never be able to sign anyone after year because they'd be so far in the red.

So, I shouldn't do that.
I wish that was an acceptable answer, but unfortunately the powers that be that approve our game (i.e. Sony and Microsoft) won't allow a game through that has known crashes, even if you do "stupid user tricks" as we call them.

Keep the suggestions and comments coming guys - this is helpful discussion.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #19
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
If there has to be a lock on ratings, I'd say lock them either A) before the playoffs start or B) during the "Advance To Offseason" step, and then don't unlock them until the preseason starts again.

I am ALWAYS for adding more user customization options, so naturally I'm in favor of opening this up.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Madden: Editing Player Ratings in Franchise - Need Your Thoughts

One other thing that bugs me about the current Madden progression system:

Physical attributes, obviously, should decline.

But mental attributes and positional skills should not.

Ratings like awareness, play recognition, route running, coverage, blocking, etc. should not deteriorate.

NFL players do not get "dumber" once they hit their mid-late 30s.

They just "lose a step" and slow down to the point where they are no longer able to keep up on the field physically.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #21
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Ian thanks for posing this to us.

few statements

maybe tie ratings stuff into an online site where changing the ratings can be taken out if it messes up the game ala teambuilder.

Rating changes can only occur per bye for each team and preseason before preseason games are played.

or have a global ratings increase option where the user mandates how how players can increase or decrease over a period of time. then tie it into individual stat for the position. So if you have a qb that throws 3 INT's avg for four games then his accuracy or awr falls 4 . I think ratings should increase or decrease based off four games played relative to his stats.

Last edited by Hova57; 11-22-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #22
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Hey Ian, While this isnt a player rating edit related, it's still player editing related.

Can you guys seriously look into the "minimum player requirement" issue.

Is it beyond frustrating and time consuming when i want to start a new franchise and i want to tweak my player positions around.

We shouldn't have to Sign a player for the sole purpose of making a position change to a different player, then releasing that player you had just signed.

for instance

i have 2 of each of the O lineman.
i want to change my backup LT to RG
now i have to goto FA, sign a bum, make the change, then release the bum.

i understand limiting the positions a player can be changed to...like a CB to QB or something but with similar positions we should be able to swap them unhindered.

By the time i get my team the way i want it, i don't even feel like playing anymore.

i hope i explain this properly and you understand what i'm getting at.

thanks.

- A hardcore franchise-only player.

Last edited by PlatooN; 11-22-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 18

• There are countless "cheesing" things that the user can do like dropping your player ratings right before the off-season, signing him to the cheapest deal possible, and then setting him back.
This can already happen by changing a players position. eg: Taking a CB and moving him to OLB or S. I already do this because some of the contract AI is wacky. 73 OVR CB's asking for more than a 84 OVR HB/WR. Or old guys on in the last years of their career asking for big bucks. Lawyer Milloy wanted like 10mill/2yrs from me!!!! So this shouldn't be a factor.
  • Your save file can easily be rendered non-functional if you change enough CPU team's player's ratings where they can't re-sign any players. At this point the mode typically crashes or hangs and won't be recoverable from.
Hopefully with some TLC this can be fixed. If it can't I'd rather be able to manually adjust the potential ratings on the roster file before entering franchise mode. Just for the seahawks- Aaron Curry, Golden Tate, Anthony McCoy, LeRoy Hill, and Babs are all too high. And Mike Williams, Cameron Morrah, Red Bryant, Chris Clemons, Walter Thurmond, Roy Lewis, and Cam Chancellor are all too low.

• We also don't display that potential rating in the edit player screen now, and if you were to edit the actual player's overall rating to be higher than his potential rating, the game has a chance of crashing in many different spots. We'd have to add it in and always force it to be higher than the OVR I guess.
Personally I don't have a problem with this, MLB the Show does this and they've got one of the best franchise modes around.

What is your overall specific intent with wanting to edit these players?
As the real NFL season progresses I won't have to restart a franchise just because I can now have updated rosters.

Are there certain time frames we can lock it to?
Not exactaly clear on what you mean... But they ratings should be editable during the regular season but not the playoffs. It would be nice to edit them after the super bowl though.

Are there certain specific changes you could only be allowed to make instead of full league-wide control?
It would be nice to be able to update contracts also, Davone Bess got a new contract a couple weeks ago but it's still not in the game. If there could be a line drawn between the GM of the team and the "Franchise Overlord" that would be ideal. The GM could do everything that is in the game now but the "Overlord" could change things like contracts and ratings.

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh
Old 11-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 2

This is great, Well I just want to be able to create player. No more restrictions on the keyboard the (. -) not available to select. Im trying to make a player whos last name has period in it, is impossible to do EA restrictions on Edit's. I dont need to edit every players rating from start to finish, i just want to enjoy the $60 game we though ,we bought!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »