Home

Why Limit Gamers?

This is a discussion on Why Limit Gamers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Why Limit Gamers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
The first reason wasn't listed as making the game unstable -- just it was 'cheesing'. That's not cool.

The other problems are there because the design of the game has determined that there are limits which you cannot cross. It's a design flaw, not a software limitation.
Yeah- I agree. Most of the issues people have with the game are because of the design flaws which is what they keep building of off it seems.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
That's why I voted for a complete re-design of the game. The way it is made now limits the consumers of options and experiences.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'd rather have the developers over here discussing it and taking our considerations and suggestions vs not being here at all and making their own decisions until the game comes out.

I do agree with the article, the more customization the better, no doubt.

Last edited by roadman; 11-22-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #12
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
Agree 100 per cent. The more customization you give the user the better. Bcruse makes a good point about trophies and achievements possibily having an effect on customization.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #13
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Great read. The main objective of this article is to show EA that sports gamers don't want limitations on their games, and I comepletey agree with this article. Give your consumer more options so we can do as we please with the game.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #14
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Great read. The main objective of this article is to show EA that sports gamers don't want limitations on their games, and I comepletey agree with this article. Give your consumer more options so we can do as we please with the game.
Exactly. Great article Chris.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #15
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
I agree with the premise of the article but I think you're missing Ian's point. He went on to say that the "cheesy" exploits cause stability issues and that won't fly with Sony and Microsoft.

I didn't see any implication that Ian was against allowing "user cheesiness" as long as it doesn't break the game and look bad to the people who approve the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #16
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I agree with the premise of the article but I think you're missing Ian's point. He went on to say that the "cheesy" exploits cause stability issues and that won't fly with Sony and Microsoft.

I didn't see any implication that Ian was against allowing "user cheesiness" as long as it doesn't break the game and look bad to the people who approve the game.
I would think this is the most logical conclusion as well even if it wasn't the reason Ian led with. I do get Chris' point though, and I don't disagree with the premise either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »