Home

NBA 2K11 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
NBA 2K11 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

NBA 2K11 patch v1.2 is available for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed them last night, here are the patch details.

Note - THIS PATCH WILL WORK WITH YOUR PRE-EXISTING ASSOCIATION OR SEASON.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Last edited by Pared; 11-25-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 05:51 AM   #2
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K11 Patch Details Released (Updated With Release Dates)

Maybe due to the 360 version already having some of the updates like high bank shots being fixed. Here's a pic of the cav's court for those that are interested.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm more of a "whats missing" type of observer right now:

-Custom soundtrack TIPOFF tracks still only play for 5 seconds
-CPU still only seems to call 20 second timeouts for me or the cpu team EDIT: two games later and 6 timeouts called, I see a CPU full timeout!. FIXED!
-CPU fastbreaks are still more effective than the user. Fastbreak seems totally the same

Positives:
-Way more contact around the basket. It seems like a positive.
-with contact comes fouls. I like it
-Not every attempted charge is a foul call. I love the no calls

we shall see what else i can discover

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 11-24-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Wow the best just got better baby!! turnovers are way down. I still had some turnovers but they seem way more appropriate and I don't have to pass using the icons so much which is awesome. Boxing out finally works properly and I actually drew a charge nice!!! Only problem is my sliders are now broken. I guess that was bound to happen. Haven't tried my player yet and I really hope they fixed the terrible CPU shooting in that mode. Didn't see it mentioned so I'm a little worried.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

In myplayer mode the cpu is calling plays and you can see the play diagram on the court now. I'm playing as a SG. Also there is more contact in the paint now causing my shots to get changed and more foul calls. Cpu teammates aren't running down the clock and jacking up 3's anymore. Good patch so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 06:45 AM   #6
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblunt66
In myplayer mode the cpu is calling plays and you can see the play diagram on the court now. I'm playing as a SG. Also there is more contact in the paint now causing my shots to get changed and more foul calls. Cpu teammates aren't running down the clock and jacking up 3's anymore. Good patch so far.
That is fantastic news
Old 11-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Obviously it will take a little more time to see how much things have changed but my early impressions on the patch are really good. Just played a game between the Cavs and Pacers on Simulation sliders.

The shooting sliders seem like they're still a little low. Both teams shot around 30%. I did see an increase in fouls but those might still be slightly low as well. They were good fouls too where you would expect one to be called and not the result of getting sucked into contact shot animations. I also tried taking a charge which I never did before because the offensive player used to stop on a dime like he had no momentum. Instead of just shooting over me he barreled into me. Call didn't go my way though.

My teammates actually got back on defense after a missed shot. Conversely, I had more fast break opportunities and it didn't feel like every player on the other team had teleported to the other side of the court. I saw a bounce pass other than the ones where you would pass into the post. I tried passing it to a cutter along the baseline through a couple of defenders and it was stolen but at least it was the right kind of pass for that situation. There's still some bumping but only when I didn't get enough separation before attempting to go by a defender.

I also saw the timeout prompt for the first time where you get to choose between a :20 and a full TO. I think that probably was only on PS3. NBA Today is working now and shows correct scores and stats. I don't think Player Progression will work until the next roster update but at least now you can see the player's current ratings instead of N/A.

Well done, 2k. Can't wait to start my association.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:59 AM   #8
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
NBA 2K Patch Impressions Thread

Thought I'd start a separate patch impressions thread. Let's hear 'em. I'm about to fire up the 360 myself...

Here is a list of what's included in the patch.

Last edited by eDotd; 11-24-2010 at 09:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »