Home

NBA 2K11 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2010, 08:06 AM   #9
Rookie

Intelx's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K Patch Impressions Thread

Downloading now.

Intelx
Old 11-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just used the default roster and played a half of Knicks (me) vs Bobcats...A LOT less dunks. The contact animation were good and all fouls looked legit. The NBA Today feature is working well so that added to the experience. Now I am going to test out my own roster with Nets v Celtics (CPU v CPU) and will post results for that.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #11
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA 2K11 Patch Details Released

My player is unplayable now. They ONLY run plays and will just stand there dribbling the ball in a spot until you get to your spot (they NEVER freestyle) and since your overall is so low, they NEVER run plays for you. I'm lucky to get 3 shots a game now. They won't even take the picks that you set for the ball handler because they are so insistent on running the play. I stand right beside their defender and set a pick and he just sets there dribbling. My player went from a very fun mode to pretty much unplayable for me.

Last edited by DakkoN; 11-24-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

What a patch. Makes it feel like a new game. Playing on all star sim as the spurs against the suns. Seeing duncan, blair etc box out makes me happier than it should do. Driving to the paint is more realistic and I had a lovely pick and roll with parker and duncan which I had never seen before. Oh and I had Duncan in the paint against Hill, Duncan made the 2 with minimal effort as there was hardly any contact, unlike before. Top stuff!

Last edited by stefancourt; 11-24-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #13
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I like the change to the jump height by the big men, and the Association changes are welcome.

Just wish they had let us further customize My Player, I want to start with a guy that's rated like the other rookies.

But that can be an improvement in 2K12.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #14
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

In the middle of the 1st quarter of the Bucks-Cavaliers NBA Today game. The court has indeed been fixed.

Some quick impressions:

- Boxing out!! Yes!! It's present and makes rebounding that much less frustrating. I haven't seen any CPU plays magically sky over to steal a rebound from me yet that they were not in position for.

- Passing is way better and less frustrating as well. My passes are definitely going to my intended targets now when I directional pass. It makes throwing turnovers much easier to swallow now because you can't blame it on the pass going to an unintended target.

- Jumpshooting is a lil more refined. I've taking a few step backs with Booby Gibson...nothing but net! (Playing on All-Star sim)

- There's still bumping on man defense which I can live with at this point. I haven't had any mismatches on the perimeter yet to exploit to see what degree this was eliminated in those situations. It's something I'll look out for as I progress through the game.

- I noticed that the verticals have been fixed as well. Anderson Varejo is barely getting off the floor during block attempts. That should tame some of the 18+ blocks of game I've been getting. I like the feat, but it was a bit unrealistic to be able to do that consistently.

More impressions to follow...
Old 11-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
My player is unplayable now. They ONLY run plays and will just stand there dribbling the ball in a spot until you get to your spot (they NEVER freestyle) and since your overall is so low, they NEVER run plays for you. I'm lucky to get 3 shots a game now. They won't even take the picks that you set for the ball handler because they are so insistent on running the play. I stand right beside their defender and set a pick and he just sets there dribbling. My player went from a very fun mode to pretty much unplayable for me.
What settings do you have for the "Run Plays" Slider in the Coach and Playbook menus?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #16
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
What settings do you have for the "Run Plays" Slider in the Coach and Playbook menus?
Whatever the default is. You can't change that in My Player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »