Home

NBA 2K11 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #17
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K11 Patch Details Released

Just a few things left out from my 3 games this morning. 20 second time display isn't showing. A few others I can't remember right now. NO MORE SPIN DUNK!! You have to be smart about when you use it. I can't wait to play a few online games. I a lot of those pass out of shots don't work with non-elite passers. I saw a friend of mine that threw severally passes out of bounds. A lot of things to like this morning. I love it!! Best Basketball game of all time.

Even music is playing Custom random!!
Old 11-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K11 Patch Details Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
My player is unplayable now. They ONLY run plays and will just stand there dribbling the ball in a spot until you get to your spot (they NEVER freestyle) and since your overall is so low, they NEVER run plays for you. I'm lucky to get 3 shots a game now. They won't even take the picks that you set for the ball handler because they are so insistent on running the play. I stand right beside their defender and set a pick and he just sets there dribbling. My player went from a very fun mode to pretty much unplayable for me.
Uh oh, thanks for the heads up.

Luckily I am a point guard, but also one for Miami who often has LBJ or Wade bringing the rock up court. So that could be trouble.

What position are you playing?
Old 11-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #19
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K Patch Impressions Thread

I play online and im loving watching the cheesers get frustrated and quit because their full court passes and dunk fests are no more. I love that there is absolutely ZERO lag for free throws and jumpshots. However i feel like im missing too many wide open mid range shots with perfect releases. But that is better than EVERY single decent release mid range shot being automatic no matter the defense.

Those wide open misses and the fact that its absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get an offensive rebound now are the only negatives.

I feel like there is greater reward to playing great defense now. Less "thats bullsh*t" moments so far. And thats cool they fixed the Cavs court didnt expect that, or the socks.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 11-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #20
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Only played a half so far but the lowered bumping on drive for the cpu is nice so far.

CP3(cpu) is lighting billups (me) up. Now when Chris attacks and we make contact I can back off the contact and in most instances because of that mismatch need to or he can turn the corner.. When I do that he steps back and pops the shot... Basically I have a healthy respect for his ability to blow past me on the dribble. Yet when I do play off him and beat him to the angle h doesn't just blow past me.

So its very early but so far it seems like a great balance for the cpu. Game feels really really good to me more open and yet more structured at the same time. LOVING it but again its just a half.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #21
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

The one thing I notice in my one game vs the CPU. Was when I dropped the CPU in the open court. He reached for the steal. I went behind the back and drove in for the layup. It perfect!!!

Just a few things left out from my 3 games this morning. 20 second time display isn't showing. A few others I can't remember right now. NO MORE SPIN DUNK!! You have to be smart about when you use it. I can't wait to play a few online games. I a lot of those pass out of shots don't work with non-elite passers. I saw a friend of mine that threw severally passes out of bounds. A lot of things to like this morning. I love it!! Best Basketball game of all time.

Even music is playing Custom random!!

I got 3 games in this morning one vs a human. And all we did was try doing the spin dunk over and over and over again. Charges actually work in the lane (not like 2k9 & 10 all over the court).

Last edited by jeebs9; 11-24-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #22
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Anyone notice any jersey corrections ????
Old 11-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #23
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Everything seems to work great; however, I feel like everytime I make a post move the ball gets stripped on the way up. At first I had no problems with it since I was posting up a guard; however, it happened again (twice) later on when I was matching up with a big man. Maybe the "ball security" rating actually plays a role now.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #24
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Lets not change ball security silder so quickly lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »