Home

Sports Games of the Decade: Baseball Game of the Decade

This is a discussion on Sports Games of the Decade: Baseball Game of the Decade within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sports Games of the Decade: Baseball Game of the Decade

Gold: MLB 09: The Show

The quintessential baseball simulation, MLB 09 is a purist's dream game. During a decade that featured the best baseball games in sports gaming history, MLB 09 differentiated itself from its competition in terms of sheer realism. From the photorealistic player and stadium graphics to the incredibly deep Dynasty mode, no other game has ever replicated the atmosphere of baseball better. I would even go as far as to say that MLB 09 transcends sports gaming -- it's more of an interactive baseball broadcast than anything else. As a baseball fan it really does not get any better than that!

Silver: MVP Baseball 2005

When EA decided to revamp the Triple Play series, many felt that EA would no longer be a player when it came to baseball games. Oh how the masses were wrong. Regardless of the fact that MVP 2005 was the last version in the series -- thanks to 2K's exclusivity agreement -- it was the pinnacle of baseball gaming to that point in history. MVP perfected meter-based pitching, analog controls, ball physics and gave gamers the yet to be matched Owner mode that placed an emphasis on building a team like a real world Steinbrenner. There is no denying the importance of MVP 05 in baseball gaming history as many of its innovations are still being used in today's games.

Readers' Choice: MLB '09: The Show

MLB '09: The Show garnered 49 percent of the total votes while MVP Baseball was able to gather 29 percent of the total votes. The rest of the field garnered the other 22 percent of the vote.
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Sports Games of the Decade: Baseball Game of the Decade

Nice....voted on by both the staff and regular members, and in landslide fashion too!
Old 11-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 22
Wow, was 09 better than 10?I only played 09 a few times....what specifically was better about it?
Old 11-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Sports Games of the Decade: Baseball Game of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galarius
Wow, was 09 better than 10?I only played 09 a few times....what specifically was better about it?
I think '10 represents the start of the new decade, so it may have been ineligible.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10
@Galarious, personally i love 10 more than 09, the gameplay feels more organic and natural.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 19
My choice is off shore and in Japanese. PYS 6 is excellent!
Old 11-24-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I think '10 represents the start of the new decade, so it may have been ineligible.
Exactly
Old 11-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 13
MLB 09 The Show was just beautiful. 10 looked better, but couldn't match the leap in quality. Nice pick.

Personally, I don't know why people make such a big deal about MVP 2005. I liked ESPN 2k5 better, actually. It looks horrible, pitching is arcadish, and though the hitting is ok, it is nothing great in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »