Home

EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring

This is a discussion on EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #17
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
I would play almost any Codemasters racer over GT5, but for EA to call out PD is a bit of a reach, IMO. Before Shift, the NFS series was just one average racer after another. They sort of re-discovered the magic with Shift and I'm looking forward to Shift 2. I'm a car nut so there's aspects of GT5 that I really appreciate but both EA and Codemasters are bang on...the series is definitely showing its age. We've played the same game 5 times now, with prettier graphics being the only significant upgrade.

Forza 3 trumps all, at least for me. Maybe the driving isn't AS sim as the GT series, but everything around it is much better. GT5 is very formulaic.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Why do I get this mental image of Kevin Butler just falling out of his executive chair with laughter??? EA should just shut up and concentrate on keeping their company in tact. They are constantly losing ground on what was their most coveted titles (NBA and Madden). Not to mention Nascar backed out and sold the license to Codemaster. Hey EA, here's some free advise - take care of your own house. That's a full time job.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #19
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring

GT5 isn't sterile by default, it's sterile by design. I don't understand why people are so decidedly into bashing it for this when every single preview and game before it pointed to this type of racing.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #20
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Claims Gran Turismo 5 is Very Sterile, Codemasters Accuses it as Being Boring

Video games should never be boring. I mean, thats why we all play these games, to have fun. When I watch real life racing, it never seems boring to me, lots of speed and action. In other words, PD's idea of sim is all wrong.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 19

EA is struggling and Codemasters isn't perfect. It is early on and the debate will rage on and on. I wish SimBin could make a racing game for the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2010, 12:04 AM   #22
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

I love GT5. I love its encyclopedia and wealth of information. I love being able to spend hours photographing my cars and tracks. I love being able to feel the uniqueness of each car and push them to their limits of performance and traction with a racing wheel.

It is an car enthusiast's game. It does not have to be flashy to me. It has it's beauty that speaks for itself.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:37 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I love GT5. I love its encyclopedia and wealth of information. I love being able to spend hours photographing my cars and tracks. I love being able to feel the uniqueness of each car and push them to their limits of performance and traction with a racing wheel.

It is an car enthusiast's game. It does not have to be flashy to me. It has it's beauty that speaks for itself.
Everyone knows what GT series is, so why everyone calling the game bland and boring. I got bored with GT series during PS2 but from your post remind me what so great about the series.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:14 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ
EA is struggling and Codemasters isn't perfect. It is early on and the debate will rage on and on. I wish SimBin could make a racing game for the PS3.
They have with NFS Shift.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »