Home

Trials HD - Big Thrills Arrives with Trailer, 400 MS Points

This is a discussion on Trials HD - Big Thrills Arrives with Trailer, 400 MS Points within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Trials HD - Big Thrills Arrives with Trailer, 400 MS Points

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

December 1, 2010 (Helsinki, Finland) — RedLynx (redlynx.com) today launched Trials HD - Big Thrills, the second DLC for its million-selling Xbox LIVE Arcade game, Trials HD. It's available today in the Xbox Marketplace for only 400 MS Points.

"Our fans have been clamoring for more Trials HD," said Tero Virtala, CEO of RedLynx. "We're proud to be able to deliver Big Thrills, just in time for the holidays."

About 40% of gamers who bought Trials HD also picked up the first DLC, demonstrating the addictive nature of the game and the dedication of its fans.

"Including user-created tracks is a great way to showcase the amazing work of our community to all Trials HD riders," said Antti Ilvessuo, Creative Director of RedLynx

"The first DLC had 25 new tracks," he said, "But this one has 40 tracks at the same price. We're happy we found a way to give more this time around."

Key Features in Big Thrills
  • 3 New Achievements
  • 50 More Gamerscore
  • 40 New Tracks
  • including 10 Community-created tracks
One major feature of Trials HD - Big Thrills is the inclusion of ten tracks created by the Trials HD community. Trials HD owners can create tracks using the in-game editor, which comes free with the game and is the same editor the developers themselves use to create tracks.

Earlier this year we launched the Track Creator Challenge, inviting users to submit their own tracks, the ten best of which were included in this DLC. The winners received prizes and in-game credit, with the top three receiving cash awards.

"Including user-created tracks is a great way to showcase the amazing work of our community," said Antti Ilvessuo. More than three thousand tracks were ultimately submitted to the contest, meaning only the best of the best appeared in the DLC.

"The quality of some of the community tracks is on par with our own work," said Ilvessuo. "We're quite impressed, and we're confident everyone who plays these will be amazed too."

A complete list of winners is available at http://www.bigthrillscontest.com.
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31
Why do I have to watch an advertisement so I acn watch an advertisement? LOL
Old 12-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Looking forward to taking the new maps out for a ride!

Can't get enough of this game.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Trials HD - Big Thrills Arrives with Trailer, 400 MS Points

Yeah, finally.

Played maybe half of the new tracks today before work, a quick impression is that this pack is better than the first DLC.

Nice thing was the new tracks are more evenly spread out between different difficulties, and some of the tracks had a nice flow to them, less about technical tricks, more about timing jumps and hitting the ramps right.

Thumbs up to my fellow Finns at RedLynx!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
Rookie

DJDReW3102's Arena

OVR: 7
i just checked out the big thrills expansion .... awesome stuff. I love this game and like someone else said, I can't get enough of this game!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »